Thursday, September 28, 2017

Thankful Thursday #39

Photo for today:

20170928_133114

Raindrops on roses. ::smiles::

I received my 300th postcard from Postcrossing today:

20170928_102827

Woohoo! It’s from Lithuania.

I am thankful…
1. Our new aide, Alexia, started yesterday AND she has prior work experience with children. Sweet baby cheesus, it’s a damn MIRACLE. Thus far, she seems to fit in very well AND knows what she is doing.
2. Glorious rain that finally fell, after days of oppressive heat and humidity.
3. Received my 300th postcard today. Makes me happy.
4. Truly beautiful Mabon altar and celebration I had on Monday. I’m glad I pushed it from Friday to Monday – I feel it made all the difference in the world.
5. That I am still holding strong to my vow not to engage in self-injurious behavior. The compulsion has picked back up here recently, but thus far, it’s just the desire. No real impulse to act on it.
6. That the Last Unicorn Tarot kickstarter is doing so well. It would be nice if we hit the $100K mark, as I would love a special card signed by Peter S. Beagle.
7. Domino’s pizza for dinner – I really didn’t feel like cooking, so I was thrilled when David suggested it.
8. Practicing various forms of self-care in hopes of alleviating this damn depression. Though, to be honest, I think it’s just going to linger until my MoonTime.
9. Remembering that I need new tires BEFORE I can get my car inspected. Would suck to drive all the way down to my lil hometown, only to fail the inspection. ::laughs:: Well, it wouldn’t be a complete bust, as I would get to see my mom. So yeah, four new tires coming up!
10. Got the maternal grandfather’s Family Tree of Ancestors up – all 80 pages pieced together, makes for a family tree that is 4.5 feet TALL and 11.25 feet LONG. The other branches of ancestors are much smaller.
11. For my massive bedroom and that I have a solid 16 feet of wall space on which I can easily (ish) hang up said massive family tree.

Yeah, it was rough getting through this list of thankfuls. My mind just isn’t playing nice currently. But I am glad that I pushed through and wrote it. Hell, even came up with an extra one for shits-n-giggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment