Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Contemplating

written: Sept 18th

Photo for today:
20170918_193539 

My dorky lil pup. I adore her under bite…and I adore the fact that most of the time, her lip gets caught on it, and she’s fucking adorable.

I am thinking of doing a big hair cut at the end of the month. I am toying with the idea of cutting off 8 to 10 inches. I am also toying with the idea of omber-ing my hair with blonde. Could be fun. ::chuckles:: I guess I’ll cut it first and then figure out if I want the blonde or not.

It’s been a while since I’ve done a cut of that significance. Years, even. This time around, I will be sure to have Tracy take before and after photos. A lot of my personal identity is tied up in my hair. It’s one of my best assets, so cutting it isn’t something I take lightly.

Hazel has invited me out in October to one of the Heathen group’s rituals – a Wild Hunt ritual. I’m rather excited as I’ve never A) been to a Wild Hunt ritual, and B) never been to a Heathen (Germanic) ritual. So that should be interesting.

I need to get cracking on planning for Mabon. It’s on Friday, so yeah, it’s getting close. I plan to cut some of the roses from the bush out back and have those on my altar. I was hoping for acorns, but I’m not sure they’ll be ready by that time. I may push my celebration back to the following Monday. ::shrugs:: Will play that one by ear.

And after that is Samhain. I need to get started on that one as well. I want to print out my Family Tree again. I’m not sure I’ll drum through all the names like I did last year, but I like having the Family Tree up for that. And I’ll keep it up until December for sure. I’m hoping once Winter Break arrives and my Archives & Manuscripts class is over, I can devote some serious time to turning a critical eye to my Family Tree. I know there are errors in there. I just have to have it all up on the wall so I can visually see where the errors are. Then I’ll know which “ancestors” need a double checking. And I plan to cull out the Family Tree a bit as well. It’s beyond too large to manage, going waaaaaaaaaay out for crazy distant “relatives”. The Tree currently has 9,204 individuals on it. ::shakes her head::

No comments:

Post a Comment