Saturday, September 2, 2017

Acorns & Rants

written: Sept 1st

Photo for today:


20170901_193852

A pair of baby MONSTER acorns I found on my evening walk with Josey. They aren’t even fully grown yet. I should be able to get some awesome ones for Mabon (Autumn Equinox – September 22nd) along with some sweetgum pods (aka, Witches’ Burrs).

Holy crap, this first week has been pretty brutal. And add to the fact that I’m PMSing…yeah, my Give A Shit ™ is completely and utterly broken and vaporized. But luckily, the bulk of the students got picked up fairly early. Only had one stick around until closing. I seriously hope we get our 4th aide added to my campus SOON because 3 aides just ain’t cutting it. Especially given that we have one student who’s NOT EVEN POTTY TRAINED and is STILL IN PULL-UPS! I shit you not. And then we have two sets of brothers who absolutely HATE each other. And one set has the persecution complex down pat. ::shakes her head:: I just fucking hate it. First of the year is always brutal. Learning all the new students, all the new parents, attempting to train new staff. And doing it all UNDERSTAFFED just makes it so much more awesome. So much fucking sarcasm in that sentence. SO MUCH.

But yeah. I came home and we went and got 5 Guys Burgers and Fries for dinner (I get a cheese dog) and we watched Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time. LOVE it! Can’t wait to watch the second one tomorrow.

Ok, so in the Pull-Up Kid’s defense, there is something going on there – he has an ARD meeting soon, so he should be getting a diagnosis and a Plan in Place. But at the same time, the after school program STRESSES that the students HAVE to be potty-trained. We are just not staffed NOR equipped to handle students that aren’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment