Saturday, September 16, 2017

Thankful Thursday #37

written: Sept 14th

Photo for today:
20170914_193221 

The neighborhood hibiscus is blooming again.

I am thankful…
1. That I was able to drop the Public Libraries class. The course load was just too much for me to be able to do at this time. It’s funny, but everyone is telling me to just not take that class again (it is not a required class), and yet, I kind of want to. I see it as a huge challenge, but one that would prove beneficial if I could take it and pass it. I will see how I feel about it further down the road.
2. Tomorrow’s paycheck is a REALLY nice one. Thank goodness, because I got bills to pay and I need to put back the money in savings that I had to take out to cover summertime bills.
3. Finding little tricks that keep my journal writing on target – from the sticky notes for the daily gratitude lists, to using the free planners to keep up with my 10-year journal. I like figuring simple fixes like this.
4. Albert, the resident cottontail rabbit, that has been frequenting our yard recently.
5. A good week celebrating David’s birthday. We celebrate in small ways all week long. Makes you feel a little extra special.
6. That FaceBook showed me photos from previous years on David’s birthday, which reminded me to hang the various “Happy Birthday” banners, like I have for multiple years now. David really liked that.
7. That the new system for checking the students in and out (ProCare) is back to working like it should, and that we’ve got the vast majority of the parents signed up correctly, so it’s a fairly streamlined deal now.
8. That I have come to the realization that I’m a very negative person at work. I’m grateful for that realization, because now I can begin the work to rectify that. I have no desire to be that person any longer.
9. The ability to purchase various things that I need and things I want with relative ease. And that I have the ability to shop around and find the quality, quantity, and price I want.
10. Using my good camera again. I had forgotten the joy of just taking it out and shooting photos, and how good they turn out without any major post-shoot work. I need to make more time for that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment