Saturday, September 30, 2017

Anniversary

Photo for the day:

20170930_003633 

Josey, worshiping the space heater. ::chuckles:: I have to turn it down or off at times because she’ll lay right there until she’s bright pink. ::laughs:: Crazy ass dog.

Today started bright and early with a text from my mom…letting me know that Aunt Kathy passed away earlier this morning. Her health had been horrible for a while now and the doctors had only given her a few months to live. Yeah well, ain’t no man telling Aunt Kathy what she can and cannot do. She passed away in her sleep. I am sad that I wasn’t able to see her before she passed. And mom told me that Aunt Kathy wanted to be cremated and no service, so I’m not sure what will be done. Uncle Jake and mom are going to talk to the funeral home tomorrow, so we’ll know more after that.

On a less depressing note, happy 8th anniversary to my husband and I! Hard to believe we’ve made it 8 years married, 10 total years together. We did dinner last night at Red Lobster, so we opted to keep today low-key. We snagged ice cream from Marble Slab again. So damn delicious. Me, I kept it simple – vanilla ice cream with rainbow sprinkles and white chocolate chips. David went with birthday cake ice cream with Oreos and chocolate chip cookie dough. It was SO packed in there. And then a family of like 40 showed up and I could wait to get out of there fast enough. The shop is only big enough for probably 20 people total.

No comments:

Post a Comment