Monday, April 29, 2019

Side Eye

Photo 394/1001

0394

I am pretty sure one of my students drew me as a turd. She CLAIMS it’s me as a chocolate bar. But….it looks like a turd. ::laughs::

Insane day at work. We have a major storm front moving in and are supposed to get rain ALL WEEK. So of course the students are bat shit insane. Like, one of my 5th graders got mad at his brother and BIT HIM hard enough to leave a mark, but thankfully didn’t break the skin. Like, what the FUCK? REALLY?

And I found out today, Christina, my 2nd best aide, hasn’t even HEARD of The Last Unicorn movie, let alone, seen it. ::massive shocked face:: So of course, I can’t let that happen on my watch, so I’m letting her borrow my DVD of it so she can watch it. Seriously, The Last Unicorn and all the old Godzilla movies pretty much sum up my childhood. ::laughs:: They were my all-time favorite movies. I’m actually toying with the idea of asking Christina to go watch the new Godzilla movie with me when it FINALLY comes out. But I dunno. I’m probably over-thinking it, and honestly would probably enjoy it more watching it solo. ::chuckles::

I got my new badge at work today. The school had new electronic locks installed, which required a new e-key card. And they wanted us to turn in our old e-key cards. Well, mine is the same as my ID badge, which I swipe to clock in with. So, I had to get a new one. And it was crazy how sentimental I was about the old one. It had stickers on the back from previous students and a sigil charm I had made to attract the right people to work at my after school program. And I really didn’t want to give it up. I should have at least taken a picture of the back. Oh well, I’ve already turned it in and I’m sure it’s already been shredded. But I have a new, shiny one now. ::smiles:: Still the same photo from 11 years ago. ::chuckles:: I see no sense in having to go into the Main Office to do a new photo when, hopefully, this will be my final year with the after school program.

No comments:

Post a Comment