Friday, April 12, 2019

85%

written:  April 10

Photo 375/1001

0375

A FABULOUS surprise to come home to. My Canadian twin, Brandy, is visiting another dear friend up in New Jersey and saw this at one of Mary’s favorite crystal shops. It’s a lovely Larvikite (my absolute FAVORITE stone) bracelet. Gonna be rocking this bracelet tomorrow for sure. ::smiles::

Crazy windy day today. I like windy days to be honest. I like to envision the wind blowing all the crap energy away and leaving me clear and calm. I like just standing still and feeling the wind push against me. I like the way my hair snaps in the wind. Just brings out the more primal side of me. Everything else just falls away. It’s just me and the wind.

The students were in a much better mood today. No fights today, thank all that is holy for that. Granted, we had two after school clubs that quite a few of them attend, so they weren’t there for the first hour or so. But, whatever the case may be, I am still grateful for the break. I certainly need them to be less combative. ::chuckles:: I just hope that yesterday was a crazy fluke and we got all of that shit out of our systems.

Other than that, it was a nice quiet day at the F. Library. I’m now 85% done with my hours. I spent 2 hours continuing to work on the new special project of going through all the juvenile Mystery and Suspense books, writing down the ones that are in series, but do not have the series order listed on the spine. I was able to finish up the Mystery and Suspense section (the small section) today and begin on the Science Fiction and Fantasy section. This is, by far, the largest section, but I should be able to get it all done before my final day. And that is swiftly approaching. Just 6 days left. I will miss working at the F. Library. I really have enjoyed it. Maybe I’ll bring cookies on the last day to show my appreciation? I know I will certainly write a thank you letter to Jennifer for giving me this opportunity to do my Practicum hours there. And, it doesn’t hurt to butter up potential employers or at least ensure I receive a stellar recommendation when I apply for other jobs. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment