Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Storms

written: April 13

Photo 378/1001

0378

Rosebuds in the rain.

Fabulous, fabulous storms all day. We even had a moment of hail. I seriously loved it all. All the thunder and lightning and the torrential downpour. Then moments of quiet mist. Just awesome.

I got the bulk of the Privacy, Censorship, and Government Legislation in relation to Public Libraries paper written today. And yes, it is just as exciting as the title sounds. Which is to say….a total friggin’ yawnfest. It’s so boring that I played around doing the math to see how low of a score I could get on this paper and still have a B for the class. ::laughs:: Still going to do the work, but it’s nice to know that as long as I get at least 10 points (out of 15) on the paper I’ll still have a mid-B.

And the big news – I found a new-to-me desk that is almost perfect for what I want in an altar. I found it on Facebook Marketplace. I offered the woman selling it a bit extra if she could deliver it. So I’m getting it tomorrow! I’m so excited. So tomorrow, I will need to clean out the old altar area and move the old altar into my closet so I can set up the new desk/altar in the same spot. Hopefully I won’t have to also pack up the “art desk” just yet. I’m not ready to tackle that beast of a project. ::chuckles::

So now that I have the central piece, I can begin coming up with decoration ideas. I already know where the “homes” for Sekhmet, the Harpies, and possibly Circe will be. And with it being a good sized desk, it should make it more conductive to working in my Witch’s Journal during ritual. There’s even a spot that might be perfect to keep my Witch’s Journal. I’m seriously excited about all the possibilities this opens up.

Oooh, I found some fairy lights that look like amethyst pieces. It would be so cool for my sacred space. Honestly, I may buy two sets – one for the altar area and one for my bed area. ::smiles:: Plus I’m thinking of making a beaded curtain thing for part of the desk. Kind of hard to describe without a photo of the desk. Honestly, I plan to print out a photo of the desk and draw the various decorating ideas on the photo. That way I have something to work on each month without forgetting what it is that I wanted to do! ::laughs:: My only complaint is that the desk is white. Would have been really nice if it had been a black or a dark brown. I mean, I could paint it…but that would take weeks to get every piece painted twice and to apply a topcoat to ensure longevity of the paint. And that’s only if we have weeks of GOOD weather. Which right now is storm season, so I don’t see that happening. ::chuckles:: Oh well. I can continue using the altar cloths I have. No biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment