Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Is That Blood?

written: April 19

Photo 384/1001

0384

I was so seriously tempted to buy this. I may have to go back and get it. And you know, WHEN I do, this purdy boy WILL come with me to watch the new Godzilla movie when it comes out in theaters! ::laughs:: I think that would be the perfect addition to my “early graduation present” to myself. Then I can honestly tell David that I did not go to the movies alone. ::chuckles::

I had a fun morning at the F. Library. And no after school program today or Monday. ::smiles:: So I took Josey for a walk and did a Wal-Mart run.

Then it was off to Hazel’s place for our ritual. And you know it’s a good ritual when you come home and your husband asks you “Is that blood?”

IMG_20190419_200832902

It was to mark my transition officially from Maiden to Warrior. Traditionally, the Goddess is seen in triple form as Maiden, Mother, and Crone. But seeing as how I am not going to be a biological mother (got my tubes tied and an ablation, so no babies for me), the Mother aspect doesn’t resonate with me. So I’m going with Warrior or Battle Maiden or something more along those lines. Hazel and her youngest son did my face paint. It was cute that Sebby wanted to help (he’s like 3 years old).

After that we made some Red Fast Luck Oil. Hazel ended up spilling some of the Alkanet root and felt awful about it. ::chuckles:: I told her not to worry. It’s a big bag and we only use a tiny bit for the oil. I ended up tossing it on the fire, as an offering to each of the directions to help make our oil that much stronger. After that, we just hung out. A cool thing – we had an owl fly overhead.

But I’ve since learned that me and wine just do not mix. I only had two glasses, but man, I was so nauseous by the time I got home. It just kind of soured the whole experience. Plus, we were doing this out in front of her house, so super public. I dunno, I just didn’t connect very deeply with the ritual.

Hazel did send me this photo of the altar as well (as I forgot to take a photo of it):

imagejpeg_0

The rose is from my rosebush.

Oh, and just to clarify. No that is no blood. And no that is not mushed strawberries. It’s a red pigment used by Hindu women (Hazel is Hindu).

No comments:

Post a Comment