Sunday, April 7, 2019

Storms & Dreams

written: April 7

Photo 371/1001

0371

Alfred, our resident wild cottontail rabbit, chilling in the neighbor’s yard.

The storms didn’t disappoint this morning. Lots of lightning and thunder and down pouring. Love, love, love it. And my Inked Goddess Creation monthly witchy box arrived today. So very fitting, as its theme this month is Storm Witch. ::smiles:: I’m rather pleased with the box and all the goodies in it. I should do a video or at least a photo walk through of all the items. For now, though, it’s on my altar. I also made sure to place my newest wand – the fabulous one from Luna Blue Boutique that the Harpies have laid claim to – I put that wand on the window ledge, to soak up some good storm energy. And now that wand is resting on top of the Storm Witch’s box. I need to hang up a shelf for the Harpies soon to be their altar – their perch or nest, as they call it.

Honestly, I need to really take some time to clean out my room and come up with some solid ideas on how I want to decorate it. And this goes beyond just wanting to decorate my sacred space. I haven’t hung up ANY artwork in my room. I would really like to make the entire room more inviting and more of a reflection of me. And, since my husband and I have separate rooms, this room is 100% mine and it should reflect that. So I think I’m going to start a Pinterest board specifically for ideas on how to decorate my room and sacred space. And I’m going to put a lot of thought and effort into this and then slowly start acquiring the items I want. I am just really lacking in vision on this right now.

I do know that I want some good curtains that block out light and a nice ottoman – both in blue. So maybe that’s where I start. I want to clear off and remove the “art table” because it’s just a place to toss stuff right now. And I want a different altar. Something taller. Honestly, I wish I still had the library table my uncle had (maybe he still has it). It was the first altar I used, and honestly, it was just awesome. But on the other hand, I wouldn’t might having a china hutch, converted over into ritual use. I would like to have the shelves to store Oracle and Tarot decks, journals and Books of Shadows, herbs and gemstones. Or perhaps I get my husband to make me something? Or do both…find one fairly cheap and then have my husband make whatever modifications I require. Hmmm…lots of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment