Friday, April 12, 2019

4,745

written: April 11

Photo 376/1001

0376

I came home to a lovely wolf card and two Starbucks cards to add to my collection from a dear journaling buddy, John. So now I have a Boston card to add to my other city cards. ::smiles:: I now have Starbucks cards from:
Boston
Washington state
Texas
Dallas (with the Ferris wheel)
Dallas (with the skyline)
NYC
Los Angeles

You know you have been insanely busy and running around like a chicken with its head cut off when you don’t even realize until 10 pm that today was your 13th anniversary of being self-injurious behavior free. Yep, for the past four thousand, seven hundred forty-five days, I have not engaged in any form of what is now called “Non-Suicidal Self Injury”. Which I have to admit, that I do like the new terminology as it does stress that this behavior is NOT suicidal in nature. That was always the hardest concept for some people to understand. I was engaging in self injury as a way to keep myself from committing suicide. It was a safety valve for me, to let out the crazy so that I wasn’t pushed to more drastic and permanents means of quieting that internal storm.

Anyways, I’ve been so damn busy with this semester that I didn’t even realize that today was my 13th year of being SI free. Typically, I have a small ritual for myself, to mark the occasion. I usually get the birthday candles that come in the form of numbers to spell out how many years I’ve been SI free. And I haven’t even thought of picking those up. So hopefully I can squeeze in a trip to Target to pick up some candles and do a small ceremony for myself. And honestly, with how hard I’ve really been struggling to remain SI free, I deserve that damn ceremony. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment