Thursday, May 24, 2018

Wheat & Work

written: May 23

May Magick Photo #23: My Evening

20180523_213854

(Photo 53/1101)

My evening was spent snagging a handful of wild wheat for Paula’s Guinea pig. Man, they are surprisingly tough. So when I go back to harvest some for my upcoming altars, I’ll be sure to bring a blade or a pair of scissors to make it go quicker.

Today was infinitely better than yesterday. Thank goodness. I don’t know if I could have handled another day last yesterday.

I’ve completed three of the four staff end-of-year evaluations. Emily’s will be done on Friday. Man, I’m ready for this school year to end. I’m so ready for a change.

Tommy, the tech on our campus, has resumed his quasi-stalking of me. He’s taken to making it a point every time he sees me, to come over and say something about senior iPads. I am the one who works on the iPads for the most part over the summer, so it’s just one of those creepy things that gives him an “excuse” to come talk to me.

And he comes up with all sorts of excuses so he can come talk to me every chance he gets. I’m just really over it. I will have a talk with Sandy (my summer boss) if I need to this summer. I just can’t do another summer of working with him at all. Because ANY work I do with him, no matter how minor, always leads to him latching on.

And before anyone says anything, yes, he knows I’m married. Yes, I’ve made it abundantly clear that I am NOT interested in him in any shape, form, or fashion. And yet, he still comes around. I can’t get rid of him.

I need to email him about the external DVD player he gave me for my lap top. I need to use it on the last day of school. And knowing my students, I will be there to the very end of the school day. I do NOT want to give Tommy any excuse to hang around, waiting until everyone leaves to collect the damn DVD player. And I know if I email him, asking about this, it will make him feel like I initiated contact which means he’ll come hang around even more than usual. I figure instead, I’ll just keep the DVD player in my office and if he asks about it over the summer, I will tell him where it’s at and he can go retrieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment