Thursday, May 31, 2018

Rebel Streak

written: May 29

May Magick Photo #29: Feather

20180529_210227

I know, today’s prompt is actually Full Moon, but seeing as how I’m not ready for my Full Moon ritual just yet, I’m swapping out the prompts to reflect that. Because, my rebel streak stops for no one, not even witchery. ::chuckles::

So instead, a lovely close-up photo of one of my absolute most treasured possessions. I love the soft marbling on this particular feather. Just love it.

I’m thinking of having a dear friend, Whispering Tears, bead a feather to hang from my graduation cap. I think it would be a nice way to celebrate that victory. I have a year to decide if it is the route I want to go and figure out what exactly I would want for my feather.

Photo 59/1001

20180529_120251

My order from Ravynne Phelan arrived today. And she always includes awesome goodies.

And Josey had a BLAST attempting to shred the mailer Ravynne used. And impressive amount of packing tape is ultimately what thwarted Josey from total annihilation of the mailer. ::chuckles::

20180529_122603

I had my End of Year evaluation with Esmeralda. It went very smoothly, as she made it available to see before I actually WENT to the evaluation. The higher-ups say it’s so there aren’t any surprises and to make the meeting more of a “conversation” than an evaluation. I swear, “conversation” is the Higher-Ups FAVORITE word in the entire world. ::shakes her head::

But the supervisors are asking all of the campus leaders (like me), questions about what we want/need in the coming year. What topics should be covered at Orientation – I STRESSED that we NEED proper training on handling student suicide ideation/outcry, harm to self or others, and reporting child abuse/neglect. There has also be an increase in chatter among the campus leaders about doing campus leader “swaps” – hosting another campus leader on your campus to show them how you run your campus. I am super interested in doing that and being able to go to as many campuses as possible so I can see what is and isn’t working and bring that information back to my own campus to make it even better. And I would love to share my quirky-ass campus with other campus leaders as well. So maybe, next year will be amazing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment