Sunday, May 6, 2018

Home Stretch

written: May 5th

Photo 35/1001

20180505_192348 

Meet Jethro. He’s a Smooth Earth Snake that was just chilling on my Welcome mat.

20180505_192427 

He was so damn mellow. He’s a little battle scarred, hence why I named him Jethro – after the character Jethro Gibbs in NCIS.

And this counts as May Magick Photo Challenge #5: Light

20180505_192413 

Look at the light illuminating his lil face and glinting off his smooth scales. ::smiles::

I’ve written the bulk of the Final Paper for Digital Citizenship and have done one of two required responses for the Youth Lit class. I’m in the home stretch now.

I also FINALLY responded to two of my pen pals (letters I received towards the beginning of April!). I still have 4 more to write to, but it’s a good start. ::smiles::

Man, this was a seriously brutal semester. Between the insane course work, the insane reading requirements (hello 80+ books read!), the INSANITY at work of having an aide threaten to punch me in the mouth and all the ensuing insanity of working to get her removed from my campus, to just the standard insanity that is my lil chaotic life. No wonder I’m exhausted!

But I can see the light at the end of this semester’s tunnel, and so I’m already making plans for after my Liberation! Plans to go to Scarborough Faire, the Fort Worth Zoo, a local Pagan Pride day, and back out to the Fort Worth Nature Preserve over Memorial Day weekend to hopefully photograph Buttons, the white-sided rattlesnake. All wonderfully FUN things to do with my weekends, now that I do not have assignments due!

No comments:

Post a Comment