Thursday, May 17, 2018

Dragons & Unprofessional

May Magick Photo #17: Magic:

20180517_185548 

I found some shed skin from one of the resident Texas spiny lizards when I went out back to plant the snapdragons Annette sent me in my May Day basket. Given that she had mentioned she wanted to send me a dragon in the basket, and the snapdragons were the only “dragons” that would fit…I figured it was a good omen to find what appears to be “dragon skin”. I put them in the bottom of the planter before filling it with dirt. I hope it’s good magic for the plants.

This is also Photo 47/1001.

Holy hell, work today started off with a kick to the teeth…followed by a few more kicks. ::shakes her head:: One of my students was removed from my program today. I don’t ever get the details unless it’s a behavioral removal. I just get an email that says the particular student has dropped from the program and when their last day was. This student’s last day was yesterday.

But apparently the mother decided to call our bluff on it. Ava came to my after school program and I told her she was a car-rider. So she went back to her teacher. Her teacher came in and LAID INTO ME over it, saying she hadn’t gotten an email about it and there was no one there to pick Ava up. I kept my cool and pulled the teacher aside (so we weren’t doing this in front of all the students) and quietly told her that I had been informed that Ava had been dropped from my program. And this teacher (whom I’ve worked with for the past NINE years), LIGHTS ME UP. Berating me for MY lack of communication. That no one had told HER that Ava wouldn’t be in the after school program, and no one had told the elementary office staff. And how unprofessional that was on MY part.

Excuse me? Again, I stayed calm and pointed out that these things are above my pay grade. That MY supervisors and higher ups are the ones that do all of this and take care of contacting the parents about these things. I have NO say. And, because she’s been removed from my after school program, I no longer have access to her information and have zero contact information on hand to even contact her mother.

So the teacher goes to the office staff, ranting about this. I just back off because I still have a fucking program to run at this point. The teacher then comes BACK to snap “Well, if this happens in the future, what is YOUR communication protocol so that this doesn’t happen again?” I snapped back that I would adhere to the protocol that my supervisors laid down to the letter. The teacher left.

Then the mom called. Claiming she didn’t know why her kid was dropped from the program and that no one had contacted her, so what does she need to do to get her kid back in the program. I told her she needed to call the after school’s main office and that they could help her out. And she thought I worked at the main office – but also at my campus? Like what the fuck? I fucking swear.

Then the teacher comes BACK again and was calmer. She apparently called my main office (which is totally fine) and found out that my supervisors HAD been in contact with Ava’s mom and that Ava’s mom was WELL aware of the situation, even though she was claiming she had no idea now. ::shakes her head:: I kept waiting for the teacher to give me some sort of apology….but THAT never happened. So fucking stupid.

I have no idea who the hell pissed in her Wheaties, but she had no business laying into me like that, especially in front of the students. It was unbelievably unprofessional on her part.

No comments:

Post a Comment