Sunday, November 5, 2017

Samhain 2017

written: November 2nd

So Samhain happened in Two Parts.

The first part was when I first got home and was letting Josey (the pit) out to take care of business. The almost full moon was riding high in the sky and the weather was just PERFECT. So I rushed inside and grabbed a stick of “Dark Musk” incense by Harvest Moon Haven and my Pomegranate juice. I went outside and lit the incense and visualized the smoke being a rope for the Spirits to pull themselves into my realm. I have my entire property warded against Spirits/Ghosts/Fae, but I stated clearly that the incense smoke was an opening for my Beloved Dead, my Ancestors, and any other spirits who just desired a little company on this night to feel free to join me. I poured out a libation of Pomegranate juice to feed them.

I sat out, drinking some of the pomegranate juice and just enjoying the evening under the moon. I told the spirits that I would be doing my Samhain ritual, and that they were more than welcome to join me in Circle if they so choose, or they could remain outside with the incense. I really hope the weather cooperates every year, and I’m able to make this an integrated part of my Samhain observance.

So upstairs we go. I pour some more of the Pomegranate juice into a shot glass (what I use in place of a chalice) and bring up an apple and I’m ready to begin my Samhain ritual.


20171102_193914

I Cast the Circle with the drum Brandy made me. I need to work on my drumming skills as I have almost zero confidence in them. ::chuckles:: Maybe I should use my Lil Drum, as it has a softer voice, until I gain some confidence and can use the Big One with the loud voice.


20171102_193928

Going left to right:
Sekhmet and her red 7-day candle
Galaxy Coyote skull
All The Acorns
Black horn bowl holding garnets and a lion’s claw (offerings for Sekhmet) and my black tourmaline necklace
Glass with pomegranate juice
Beloved Dead candle on my altar pentacle
Samhain candle from Moon Goddess Magick
Dark Musk Incense
Apple
Glass of bird feathers
Slytherin pen (doubles as a wand)
Ritual jewelry

I read off the names on my Beloved Dead candle, inviting each one of them in, if they so desired.
The pomegranate juice and apple are food and drink for the dead, and the incense smoke as well. The apple, incense ash, and pomegranate juice will be buried tomorrow.

I told the Dead they were more than welcome to stay until the incense burned out, but once that was gone, they needed to return to their side of the Veil. I left the Beloved Dead candle and Samhain candle burn until the incense burned out, also offerings to the Dead. And I kept Sekhmet’s red candle going during that time as well. She’s the Lady of the West, the Keeper of the Door to the Afterlife, so her candle was kept going while the door to the afterlife was open.

Once the incense burned out, I snuffed out the Samhain candle and the Beloved Dead candle, wishing the spirits safe journeys until next Samhain. I then thanked Sekhmet for allowing the Dead safe passage between their world and mine, and at that point, I snuffed her candle out.

20171102_193956 

I don’t know why, but I felt the urge to cover my head during this ritual. It’s something I’ve kicked around for a while now, but it felt right to do it for sure in this ritual. So I may be looking into proper head covering later on, but for now, a simple bandana will have to suffice. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment