Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Firepit & Happy Reminders

written:  November 28th

Photo for today:

20171128_225133 

WE HAS A FIRE PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I’m more than a little excited about this. I love fire. I adore fire. David doesn’t like me using the fireplace because it would heat up the entire apartment (I haven’t lit a fire in the fireplace at the house, only at the apartment), but now I get to have fire and it won’t overheat him. ::smiles:: I’m so excited!!! Now, I just have to wait for him to be able to put it all together..

Alexia was out again today. We got Karina, whom we just adore. And she ended up staying a little later than everyone else, helping me finish up cleaning up the last bits, and she told me how awesome she thinks my campus is. She said that so many campus leaders get concerned on how their campus really is doing, and we are kind of isolated and don’t really know what’s going on on other campuses. But, with Karina being a floater and getting to go to so many other campuses, she has the ability to see all the campuses. And she just wanted to tell me how awesome my campus is, from the way I run it to my students to my staff and to the parents. Just all around, it’s one of her favorite campuses to come to. And with the shit storm that has been my work life here recently, it was something that I seriously needed to hear. It just reminded me of WHY I’m doing all of this, WHY I enjoy my job as much as I do (for the most part). And it serves as a MASSIVE reminder of why I’m BLISSED THE FUCK OUT that I did not get the Zone Leader position.

No comments:

Post a Comment