Sunday, November 5, 2017

UFC 217

written: November 4th

Photo for today:

20171104_003659

Aww, look it! Lil Miss Leviathan is actually out and about. I love how inquisitive she is.

20171104_003706

I seriously need to get back on the band wagon of taking care of myself. It took me AGES today just to shave my legs and pits because I’ve let them go for so long. Seriously, if I get this supervisor job, I will look into getting laser hair removal for both of those…along with my eyebrows. I get so tired of having to take care of that grooming. Shit, if I could handle the pain (because, yes, laser hair removal does hurt) and the skin irritation for the 14 months it takes to treat an area, I would have everything done from the eyebrows down, like Aunt Kathy did (rest in peace lady). This female grooming shit SUCKS.

Honestly though, today has been FRIGGIN’ AMAZING! We went to Khol’s as I had a gift card there for $20 and I figured that would be a good place to start looking for Interview Appropriate ™ tops. I have never shopped in a Khol’s, but I understand the appeal now. They had a lot of cute things THAT ACTUALLY FIT ME. Like holy shit, that is more rare than a unicorn. So I got TWO tops that cost me $30 after the gift card.

Then we went to Staples to pick up coffee for the Keurig. And Bryant was NOT working, so we didn’t have to endure his deadpan, shitty pun “jokes”. That is almost as rare as me finding lady clothing that fits.

THEN Lisa text me, inviting us out to watch UFC 217 at a friend’s family’s home. I didn’t even know who was fighting (I know, SHAME ON ME), so I looked it up. GEORGES SAINT-PIERRE was making his return to the octagon AND was fighting Michael Bisping (who I hate). So fuck yeah, we were going to that!

20171104_231609

I was a bit anxious about the social situation, in which I would pretty much only know David, Lisa, and her husband Stephen. But all that worry was for NOTHING. EVERYONE there was just amazing and friendly. I swear, it felt like I had known these guys for years, it was so awesome. Even had the little guy (2, maybe 3 years old) come straight up to me and ask to sit in my lap. Adorable! ::laughs:: And I don’t care for children that young, but he was just too damn cute. Tony, one of the guys there, did take photos at the end of the night before we left. I hope Lisa gets copies of those and can then pass them on to me.

And, to make the evening perfect – Georges WON his match! Woohoo! Guess I will have to start keeping up with UFC again. because I will certainly be watching anytime GSP fights. ::smiles::

No comments:

Post a Comment