Sunday, November 19, 2017

Righting the Wrongs

written: November 17th

Photo for today:

20171117_170820 

I have an AWESOME student, Alex M., who loves drawing Leviathan (my pet snake) in a wide array of get-ups. I love coming up with new ones for her to draw. I plan to put these into one of my art journals for safe keeping. ::smiles:: So enjoy a portrait of Leviathan, as a Leprechaun.

I’ve been doing a daily tarot reading for myself for the past few days. It’s taken a while to figure out the spread I work best with, but I do believe I’ve found it. It’s the Breathe Deeply Spread by tarot-subarite.tumblr.com.

BreatheDeeply

I’m using the Gilded Tarot, which is unusual, as the Tarot is the brutal truth – while Oracle cards are so much NICER. ::laughs:: And the fact that I’m willingly taking the brutal truth avenue? Rare for me. ::laughs:: I like GIVING the brutal truth, but not so big on RECEIVING the brutal truth. Today’s reading just really sunk home the fact that the shit that went down yesterday at the meeting is beyond NOT ok and that something HAS to be said. And sadly, I do not feel comfortable, especially after that shit storm of a “diversity” meeting, to have a sit-down discussion with my bosses about it. the only way I would do that is if I had legal counsel present, and I don’t want to go that route unless absolutely necessary. So as much as it makes me incredibly nervous and more than a little afraid, I lodged my complaint with HR. They’ve even emailed me back saying someone will be in touch to schedule a “hearing” on the whole thing. Granted, this is the Friday before we get out for a week for Thanksgiving. But I expect I’ll hear something once we get back to work. I hope I’m working myself up over nothing and that the hearing goes very well and it is a HIGHLY productive meeting and I don’t end up losing my job if I do end up being outed as a Pagan.

I know, I can’t technically lose my job due to religion, but let me tell you. There is a LOT of shady shit they can do in the meantime to either make me want to quit or to give them some other (legal) reason to fire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment