Saturday, July 29, 2017

Thankful Thursday #30

written: July 27th

Photo for today:

20170727_163420 

A gorgeous leopard postcard I received today from Hungary (via Postcrossing). The leopard on the postcard reminded me of the pair of Amur Leopards that stole my heart at the Exotic Animal Sanctuary that I used to volunteer at – Mia and Tali. They were two of the most awesome cats out there – though to be honest, there were MANY amazing cats out there. I should go back out there, but given that all the cats that I bonded with have passed on (all from old age thankfully), it is a bit bittersweet going out there.

I am grateful for…
1. Three-day weekend! Even though this is my last one. After this, it’s back to the dreaded five-day work weeks. But for now…I’m LOVING it!
2. All the awesome dragonflies I see while walking Josey. I probably see close to 40 or 50 individual dragonflies in our little neighborhood.
3. Finally figuring out how to use Flickr for my photos here. Photobucket has really crapped the bed and is now charging $400 for said bed-crapping to be “better”. Yeah, fuck that noise. So-long good-bye Photobucket. I am planning to slowly go back and edit in the photos through Flickr. Once that is done, I’ll be deleting all my photos on my two accounts with Photobucket.
4. Celebrating Tech Jennifer’s birthday today – Roni made this amazing breakfast casserole. I’ve got to find the recipe. And Sandy made these amazing brownies. I tell you, that was a damn good way to start off the work day.
5. Beautiful first sliver of the new moon hanging in the evening sky. Just gorgeous.
6. Lots of Jimmy Johns this week. But it’s tasty, and healthier than 5 Guys Burgers. ::chuckles::
7. I am about 80% done checking the iPads for the massive fuck up my previous coworkers did. Just one more pallet and I can move on to something new and different. Haha! Who am I kidding? I’m sure I’ll have to redo the iPads for some reason again!
8. All the happy mail I receive – from postcards to pen pal letters, to a surprise subscription to O Magazine from my mom. I love mail. ::laughs::
9. July is winding down. I get to start setting up my Bastardized Bullet Journal (BaBuJo) for August and I have a few new things I want to try out in it.
10. Being complimented to higher-ups in a different department by a Lead Tech that only walks through my area daily. He said for the Security Officers not to bother me because “she’s a super hard worker”. It was nice because that particular Tech doesn’t actually work with me…he just sees me working as he passes through to other parts of the building, but it’s nice to know that even in passing, he recognizes my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment