Saturday, July 8, 2017

Food Babble

written: July 7th

Photo for today:

20170707_202426
Seriously, this is some of the absolutely BEST spinach and artichoke dip I’ve ever had. I picked it up on a whim on my trip to Walmart today. I almost ate all of it. And honestly, I was sad when I was too full to keep eating. ::laughs::

I’m trying out a new bread recipe. I want to make homemade bread for Lammas (August 1st) but don’t want to try out the recipe that day. ::chuckles:: So I figure I have plenty of time to try out a few recipes to get a good one for ritual use. Plus, who doesn’t like bread? ::chuckles:: I’m supposed to let the dough sit in the refrigerator for a few days. But I’ll probably try some of it before then. I also plan to try out a copy-cat recipe of the honey butter that Texas Roadhouse uses. If the recipes pan out, I’ll add them to my recipe binder. Besides, for the public Lammas ritual Hazel and I will be attending, we are encouraged to bring a spread or dip for bread to share with the group. So I would like to try out a few spread and dips before then to figure out which one to take to share.

I thought I was in the clear on the whole allergy thing. I’d been subconsciously scaling back on the amount of allergy medicine I was taking because I didn’t require the medicine as often. But damn, my left eye started swelling up again, like it did back in March. Thankfully I recognized it swiftly and thus popped a lot of allergy medicine and iced my eye. Hopefully I caught it early enough that it won’t swell up as bad. And thankfully, I know what’s going on so I won’t be taking a trip to the ER clinics. Just weird that both times now that this has occurred, it is always late at night.

Seriously, I just need to win the damn lottery so I can get treatment for all the various health ailments I am experiencing. ::chuckles:: It’s probably the only way I could afford to get surgery on my knees, plus physical therapy, and to do the allergy treatment to get rid of my allergies.

My special stamp order for Leviathan’s hatch-day cards arrived and they turned out great. Zazzle.com has a place where you can put your own photos on postage stamps for a fairly reasonable price. So I ordered special ones with a photo of Leviathan on them and they turned out so awesome. I’m super excited to use them. ::chuckles:: Now I just have to be patient and wait until the right time to mail them out. The overseas ones will be mailed out next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment