Friday, July 14, 2017

Liquid Diabetes

written: July 12th

Photo for the day:

20170712_180721
Mmmmmm, I baked to more small loafs today. I’m trying it out with the strawberry cream cheese spread on the right and the “Liquid Diabetes” on the left (though, I think I MAY have figured out where I went wrong with that recipe – I’ll have to test it again). Of course, with the impending Shark Week (aka, Moon Time), I’m all about that Liquid Diabetes! ::laughs:: Though, to be serious, I am seriously limiting how much of that shit I eat – it really is THAT sugary. And if the tweaks I make to the recipe don’t work, I’ve found a few other ones that are similar, but slightly different. I’ll give some of those a try.

Speaking of which, can we just take a moment to express our unending gratitude to the awesomeness of the internet? I LOVE being able to find all these awesome recipes that I probably would not find any other way except through the internet. And then there’s the awesome people I’ve met as well. And all the awesome, thought-provoking stories as well. I mean, damn. How small would my world truly be, if I did not have the internet? Just blows my mind sometimes to just stop and think about that for a second or two.

So I’m kicking around the idea of going to see Dr. O – she’s my general health doctor that I go to randomly, whenever I actually NEED a non-gyno doctor. I know, that sounds kind of odd, but seriously, I’m typically pretty damn healthy, so I see a general doctor maybe every two to three years, while the gyno, I see once a year. Anyways, back to Dr. O – I’m thinking of inquiring about some anxiety medication. My anxiety isn’t bad, until I am supposed to go somewhere, and then it sky-rockets. Even if it’s somewhere I WANT to go. Like all the various pagan classes I want to take through the various pagan shops or that various public rituals hosted by the local pagan groups. I WANT to go. They sound like a lot of fun. But my anxiety will sky-rocket and I’m having borderline panic attacks. ::shakes her head:: And Dr. O really sits and listens to me. I’ve been seeing her since 2005, I think? She knows how my body likes to latch onto those super rare side-effects. She knows all the medications I’ve been on since 2005 and what my reactions were to each one. And did I state that she LISTENS and genuinely CARES about my thoughts/feelings on things? I can’t even articulate how awesome that is (given the two psychiatrists I had didn’t listen to SHIT).

I dunno. I’ll probably kick that idea around for a month before I’ll make a move. Because that seems to be my standard MO at the moment. ::chuckles::

No comments:

Post a Comment