Monday, July 10, 2017

Full Buck/Thunder Moon

written: July 9th

Photo for the day:

20170709_174329
Yet another AWESOME flower in the neighborhood. You can see the weird looking green buds above the blossom. I’ve been curious what flower was going to pop out of such an odd looking bud. Holy crap. Talk about the ugly duckling transformed into the graceful swan!

So tonight, I headed over to Hazel’s house for the full moon. I brought some deer antler slices I had – this is the Full Buck Moon, and also called the Full Thunder Moon – which the thunder did roll through during the ritual. So much fun!

We kept it super low key. Her family was still at home, so that did muck up the energy from time to time, but overall it was a nice ritual. Since she had her baby in Circle with her, she asked me if I wanted to Cast the Circle. I almost brought my athame along, but in the end decided against it. Instead, I was wearing my polar bear claw necklace (totally on a whim, as it’s not my standard ritual necklace), so I used it to Cast Circle and call in the Directions. It worked out very nicely. So I’ll make note that it makes a very trusty stand in for my beefy athame. It would make a good travel athame. I should write down the information about that particular necklace (I had a dream of something similar and then stumbled across that necklace a few days later) for my Grimoire. Honestly, I should do that for all my Tools.

I Cast the Circle and called the Quarters. I had also brought over my vial of Triple Moon scented oil by Sage Goddess. We anointed our foreheads with the oil. It something I enjoy doing in my own private practice. I should ask Hazel if she would like some samples of some of the oils I have.

At that point, Hazel lit her Spirit candle. And we wrote things we wanted to banish from our lives on bay leaves. Then we wrote things we wanted to bring into our lives to replace the things we were banishing on another bay leaf. These were then burnt in the Spirit candle. And it was so interesting, because the things we were banishing, the bay leaf would take a long time to burn, and even then it didn’t always burn away completely. But the things we were calling it? Holy fuck, MASSIVE fire, sparks, and that bay leaf would then burn up the lingering banish leaf.

Fire scrying on that was telling me that the things we wanted to banish aren’t things that are going to disappear overnight. They are going to take some time and some leg work to accomplish. But the things we were calling it? Spirit/Divinity was telling us, that is what we needed to pursue. That is where our next steps lay in wait. It’s up to us to step up and seize what it is we want.

For me, I burned away my block when it comes to writing in my Grimoire due to my perfectionism. And I’m calling in successful Grimoire writing. I am keeping an electronic Grimoire currently (like brand-spanking new one) that is set to private. I’m trying this version to see if will get me around my block. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment