Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Fingers & Canes

written: July 17th

Photo for the day:

20170717_1500328020986
The story behind this photo of my finger. ::laughs:: My husband sent me a photo of his toe and text the following “Toe pic. It’s a nonthreatening way to say I like u.” ::dies laughing:: So I sent him a photo of my finger to say “I like you too”. This is my husband’s “new trend against the dick pic”. ::chuckles and shakes her head:: I don’t claim to understand the things my husband comes up with, but they sure are hilarious and unique.

Today was Sloth Boy’s last day at the Summer Tech Job. We spent the last hour or so just bullshitting and swapping After School Program stories (he works the same program I do, just at a different campus). It was nice because it reminded me again that, even though he’s slow as a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, at his core, he’s a genuinely nice guy. And it’s really easy for me to lose sight of that when I’m so focused on being pissed at how little work he does at the Tech Job. So I do genuinely wish him the absolute best with the new job. I genuinely hope it works out the way he wants it to work out.

I came home and had a big ole glass of wine. ::chuckles:: I even got a bit tipsy off of it. Luckily, Josey was content to let me nap for an hour before demanding we go for her walk. I almost didn’t go, but I’m glad I did. I honestly feel better after these little walks, no matter how hot it is, or how ADD Josey is being on the walk. Twenty-three days in a row now, we have not missed a walk. Some have been shorter due to heat or loose dogs, but we’ve gone out on at least a 15 minute walk for the past twenty-three days and most days we’re out there for a good 30 minute walk.

The walks, honestly, would go SO MUCH BETTER if people would just stay in their damn houses. ::laughs:: If they were just shut-ins and Josey and I didn’t have to deal with them, the walks would so oh-so-blissful. And yes, I know that isn’t too realistic…so how about they just keep their GODDAMN DOGS ON A FUCKING LEASH????? Huh? How about at least doing THAT??? ::grumbles:: I have no idea what it is about this area, but NO ONE keeps their “cute little pooches” on a fucking leash. People are going to get seriously upset if I ever get around to buying a damn stun cane. I’m going to shocking dogs left and right that come up to us off leash and/or without an owner. I am so tired of it. Maybe I should use the stun cane on the dog and THEN on the owner as well? ::devilish grin::

No comments:

Post a Comment