Sunday, July 23, 2017

Feral Lessons

Photo for the day:
20170723_105935
Looks like Josey’s left me quite the “offering”. ::chuckles:: SIX of her bones around my work table. It doesn’t even put a dent in the bone bucket she has. Which reminds me, I need to go through her extensive bone bucket and pitch the ones that are really old. I try to do that once a month, but haven’t done it in a while.

Josey is back from the vet. Everything came back normal on all of her tests. So we’ve got probiotics and special diet for the next week to even out her gut issue. Hopefully this will set it all back to “normal” and we won’t have to worry about this for a while. I just wish we knew what caused her issues so we could make sure to avoid it in the future.

I’ve spent most of the day catching up. Catching up on my daily entries. Catching up on logging my 365 photo challenge photos. Catching up on my Tarot Challenge. I’m not sure what the hell I did this past week, but it wasn’t any of the above. ::laughs::

For this Moon Cycle, I’ve decided to focus on Forgiving Myself from Past Mistakes. Regardless if I made those mistakes with my eyes wide open or from a place of super naivety, I do need to stop beating myself up for them. So instead of focusing on what I did wrong, I’m choosing to let go of the self-flagellation over this, I’m going to focus on what I ended up learning from those situations. I’m not buying into the whole “oh this horrible thing happened to me to TEACH me something”. No. Seriously fuck that logic to hell and back. That is utter bullshit that muffles that person’s PAIN and SUFFERING they endured.

But, because I am a feral creature, when I do fuck up or wind up in a bad situation, I do my damnest to learn from it. I try not to repeat the same mistakes – besides, there are so many OTHER mistakes to make, why repeat? ::chuckles:: I can learn from it in hindsight, but don’t ever tell me I somehow WANTED to go through that to learn a lesson. It will take every ounce of willpower not to punch you in the fucking throat and then ask you what lesson you learned from ELECTING to say that horrible bullshit to me. ::snarls::

So yeah, I’ll do the actual ritual aspect of all of this tomorrow. Because, fuck calendars. That, and my husband’s home today and I just honestly prefer to do my personal rituals completely solo, so I would prefer for him not to even be home. ::chuckles:: Silly, I know. But it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment