Friday, July 28, 2017

Pitbull Punches & Sticky Notes

written: July 24th

Photo for today:

20170724_212003 

That’s what being punched by a 55-pound pit bull looks like. Luckily I was wearing a shirt and shorts, so I didn’t get the full brunt of the claw power. And luckily, it was only a one-paw-punch.

You have no idea how much I waffled about posting this photo as I’m not super-model material and I was fearful of nasty remarks about my pudgy midsection. Finally, I just said fuck it. The people I love and care about won’t be cruel over it. And the assholes that want to be cruel? Well I’ve been looking for an outlet for aggression, so don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Today was a nice and quiet morning at work. Honestly, I beat everyone in, which is a first. It actually gave me pause when my car was the only one in the parking lot. I had to double check that it was indeed Monday. ::chuckles:: I didn’t see another coworker until I had been working for about an hour and half. It was weird because I actually WANTED someone around. So rare for me. ::laughs::
But eventually they all showed up and I was happy for an hour and then wanted them all to leave. I swear sometimes I’m a cat instead of a Wolf. ::chuckles and shakes her head::

So one of the challenges I created for myself back on my birthday (I have a tradition of making goals on my birthday, to be completed in the upcoming year – one goal per year I am old; so 35 goals for this year) to write three things I’m grateful for each day. I’m keeping track of them in my Bastardized Bullet Journal (BaBuJo), but sometimes I get a bit behind and it’s a struggle to catch up. Until I came up with the idea of using sticky notes. One sticky note per day. It allows me to hit all the top gratitudes for the past few days before filling in the others. It also allows me to write as the inspiration hits instead of having to finish a day completely before starting on others. This doesn’t sound like a huge deal, but holy fuck, it’s a GODSEND. I was a week or so behind in my gratitudes, so I made a sticky note for each day that I needed to catch up on and put them in my planner. This allowed me to look at anything I already had written down for that day and gave me a visual on when that day occurred (because Mondays are different from Wednesdays, lemme tell ya!). I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to try it out, but holy crap, I LOVE it! I’ve even gone ahead and made a sticky note for each of the rest of the days in the month of July. The only reason why I haven’t set up a week or two for August already is because I want to use a different color sticky note. ::laughs:: Gotta love that crazy, creative-yet-obsessive brain of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment