Saturday, July 29, 2017

Challenges

written: July 26th

Photo for today:

20170726_193348 

It is a chest feather from a Red-Tailed Hawk. I found it on my walk with Josey.

So I’ve spent most of my post-work afternoon and evening working on fixing the damn photo issue with my blog. Seems Photobucket is really earnest about NOT allowing people to share their photos from Photobucket on any third-party server (including eBay, which has a LOT of the people there up in arms). Seems the ONLY way to be able to do this (that I’ve been able to do for FREE for over a decade now) is to purchase their highest tier of “membership” – yeah, that shit is $400…..ANNUALLY! I know like five thousand things I would MUCH rather spend that money on rather than a crappy photo service that is down almost as often as it is up and functional.

So I’ve made the switch over to Flickr. Hopefully that will resolve all the photo hiccups. It’s amazing how much the photo snafu was blocking my writing ability. But hopefully I’ve got that all figured out so now the words should be able to flow once more.

I’ve been slowly working my way back, updating the entries with their respective photos. Holy hell, that is going to be a HUGE task to go back through the whole year and add in the photos. ::sighs:: Hopefully, I’ll chip away at this year’s entries. But I always like these huge, daunting challenges apparently. Because I’m actually relishing the challenge a bit at the moment.

Apparently, David had a rough day at work, so he offered for us to go to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. He NEVER suggests that on a non-Friday, so it must have been a really, really rough day. But hey, I am not complaining. I adore 5 Guys Burgers – I get the cheese dog. I used to get BBQ on it…but after they’ve forgotten to do that a number of times (even though we paid for it), so instead, I put my own BBQ sauce on it when we get home. And then we used the homemade Caine’s sauce for the fries. Yeah, NOTHING healthy about that meal. But it makes for some truly awesome comfort food. ::smiles:: And sometimes, that’s truly all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment