Thursday, July 20, 2017

Bears, Moons, and WTF

written:  July 19th

Photo for today:

20170719_215508
I get these flyers every so often and they help rekindle my dream of seeing the polar bears in the wild. One of these days. Hopefully for my 40th birthday, if not sooner (hopefully sooner, but by my 40th if all else fails). I should hang this up in my room…somewhere I would see it every day. Maybe I could even make some sigil magick to aid in achieving this dream. Would be a good bit of magick in time for the New Moon. Might even try out the “abundance checks” Derrie (an online witch friend) has talked about in the past. I figure, why not? What could it hurt?

A neighbor a few houses over did some yard work and had a lot of tree trimmings out by the curb. They are from an oleander plant and I was so tempted to grab some of those branches. They are beautifully straight and of a wide array of thicknesses. Thank goodness I did some research on the magickal properties of the oleander…I found out that they are incredibly toxic/poisonous. So yeah, guess those branches, no matter how pretty and straight they were, are just going to be picked up by trash collection tomorrow. ::sighs::

The more I work for the school district, the less impressed I am with it. We’re ALL familiar with how they flat out refuse to fire anyone for anything less than a law suit or a felony charge. But it apparently goes even beyond refusing to fire shitty employees. Apparently, the school district will also go out of its way to hire them back.

Thankfully we are talking about my newest coworker at the Summer Tech Job and not one of the absolutely SHITTY employees I’ve had in the past at the After School Program. So Cameron started working today with me, on a super fun project of going through all the iPad chargers and cleaning, sorting, and counting them. Super exciting. I had gone back to the little warehouse (I work in the Big Warehouse) that’s just down the hall from us to get some more boxes. Michelle (she runs the high school kids’ Tech Internship Program) stopped me in the hall to ask how Cameron was doing. I told her he was doing well (shit, he’s a ton faster at processing stuff than Sloth Boy was….though I have to repeat myself a LOT with Cameron). She said that was good. Because apparently when he worked with her last year in the high school internship, he liked to bitch and moan and complain and whine all the damn time. So she told me if he started doing that, I should just ignore him.

What the fuck? We KNEW this guy was a shitty employee during the Internship, which he phased out of when he graduated high school…but we fucking HIRED HIM BACK this summer? Why the fuck would you hire BACK a shitty employee? I am beyond flabbergasted right now.

Makes me so thankful that I am not getting my school librarian degree so that I can say PEACE THE FUCK OUT once I get a non-school district job. But, on the flip side of it? If I DID become a school librarian for this school district, I know I wouldn’t be fired for a damn thing short of burning down a school or two…. Maybe three school, knowing my school district.

No comments:

Post a Comment