Sunday, July 23, 2017

Gut Instinct

written: July 22nd

Photo for today:
20170722_164210
David and Josey cuddling. Josey isn’t feeling so well and was needing a little extra love. She’s headed to the vet tomorrow as this is the second weekend she’s had major bowel issues. She’s currently being fed white rice and boiled chicken breast today, hoping that calms her stomach issues down.

I got SLAMMED with a headache way out of left field. It hit like a ton of bricks with zero warning. We all ended up taking a long nap in the early evening and didn’t wake up until 9 pm. ::laughs:: So, sadly, Josey and I missed our walk today. But given that it was 107 degrees at 6 pm, we probably wouldn’t have walked anyways. And it’s just one missed walk in about 30 days now, so I refuse to beat myself up over it. We all needed the rest it would seem and a break from the heat.

Tonight is the Dark of the Moon – the day before the New Moon. And I got to thinking….I don’t care for when the “traditional” time of the New Moon is. To me, the true New Moon is when I see that first, tiny sliver. THAT is the NEW Moon. Right now, nothing of the Moon can be seen, so why is this considered “new”? To me, this is the death of the moon, the time of the Crone, the time of Darkness and banishing. There is no light from the moon until that first sliver. So I think that’s how I’m going to judge Dark Moon / New Moons from now on. I swear, my Path of Witchcraft is all about Rebellion and Contrary. I seem to be challenging everything, from all sorts of angles. Maybe I should call my Path the Gut Instinct Path because that is what leads me 90% of the time. I’m learning to listen to and TRUST that gut instinct of mine. I’m following my Spirit on this. And honestly, I feel so much freer, stronger, so much at peace with my lot in life at this point.

I am no guru. I am no peace, love, and light. And I certainly do not have all the answers. I see my Path more akin to standing in the eye of a hurricane. All of life and magick and all that jazz is swirling around me, beautiful chaos, and I am currently standing in the center – in my own version of calm. I like it here, in the eye, with the Harpies swirling around me, Sekhmet watching over me from above, and the Great She-Serpent beneath me – I stand upon Her back. And this all the way I like it. I work best in the Feral areas of the world…half-way tame and half-way wild. ::toothy smile::

No comments:

Post a Comment