Saturday, July 8, 2017

Saturday Babblings

Photo for the day:

20170708_163438
One of my small, but adorable rose blossoms. Most of the blossoms are three times the size of this lil guy. ::chuckles::

Today, I am declaring my Railroad Protection spell complete. It just feels….done. So all that is left now is to put them in the corners of the property. Hopefully I can get that done tomorrow evening.
I tested out a bit of the bread dough…cooked a small loaf. The bread’s pretty good, especially given that it took less than 10 minutes to mix up. ::chuckles:: The Texas Roadhouse copy-cat butter recipe didn’t turn out so good. Wayyyyy too much sugar. Which, a CUP of powdered sugar and a CUP of honey? Yeah, it takes like liquid Cinnabon Cinnamon roll WITH the icing on it as well. It hurt my teeth. So I’m thinking next time, I’ll cut the sugar content in half, but keep the butter at the same level. Maybe that will make it less like Liquid Diabetes.

Tomorrow is the Full Moon – called the Buck Moon and the Thunder Moon. And it was just fitting that today a NICE thunder storm rolled through in the afternoon, but cleared the skies in time for the damn-near Full moon rise. Tomorrow I’m headed over to Hazel’s for ritual. I’ll bring along one of my deer antlers to adore the altar. No clue what we’ll be doing, but even if we just sit and bullshit the evening away, it will be nice to just hang out and talk witchcraft.

I finally finished “A Witch Alone”. It started out very weak, in my opinion, but really grew over the course of the book. And while I’ll always be critical of any book that touts the whole “Wicca is an ancient religion” line of bullshit, the author did have some nice little gems of wisdom in there.
I also finished up the Daily Candle project that I talked briefly about on Thursday (July 6th). Now I just have to figure out how I’m going to use it. ::chuckles:: Guess I need to get on that as I intend to begin tomorrow.

In keeping with the cosmic slap upside the head I got from an Oracle card a few days back (that I still need to write up), I’ve decided that I’m going to keep my Working Grimoire online. As much as I love physical journals, I just can’t write fast enough to keep up with my mind. And I tend to jump around A LOT – so an electronic version of a Grimoire would allow me to type swiftly to keep up with my stream of conscious writing, add in photos easily, and edit to make the entry make sense. I’m not sure where I’m going to host it, but it will be set to private. Maybe then I can actually document my Path for myself. And who knows, I can always print the information out and then hand-writing it into a physical Grimoire if I so desire. Or I can simply print it out in color and keep it in a binder. Either way, I think this is the correct direction for me. Because, what I’m doing now (which is NOTHING), just isn’t working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment