Saturday, July 1, 2017

Feathers & Flames

Photo of the day:

alt text

Just one of about two dozen species of feathers I have. And I am only talking about the “special” species. ::chuckles::

Yep, I finally finished sorting and labeling my special feather collection today. I did take photos…but I used my phone and this photo is the only one worth sharing. ::laughs:: So hopefully tomorrow, I can go back through the collection and use my GOOD camera. The colors were all off and the photos were not as sharp as I would like. I have such high standards when it comes to my personal photography. ::chuckles::

Sadly, I finally made the decision to release a number of my first special feathers. See, I had purchased this beautifully hand-made cedar feather box – I wanted to protect these special feathers from bugs and cedar does that nicely. Unfortunately, the cedar was not allowed to properly cure, and so when I got the box and put my special feathers in it, sap was still coming out of the wood. Which then got on these feathers, making them sticky as hell. I am still super pissed over it. The guy should have known better than to use new cedar. And I paid quite a bit for the box. It is gorgeous, do not get me wrong. But it ruined feathers I cannot replace. And I have tried a number of ways to attempt to remove the sticky sap from the feathers to no avail. So today, I finally admitted defeat, and let those feathers go. I really wish we had a fire pit. Burning them to release them seems like a more dignified route. But then again, I am a fan of fire, and a huge fan of burning to release things. :::chuckles::

July is another month of the National Journal Writing Month challenge. Because I am not doing any classes over the summer, I am shooting for the write every day (which, to be honest, is pretty much what I have been doing this entire year thus far, to share my daily photos) AND going for a 15,000-word count by the end of the month. Just got to write 484 words a day to meet that goal.

So it seems I am back on a journal purchasing kick. I bought a beautiful Slytherin one at Barnes and Nobles. I initially went there to purchase an address book, but instead left with the Slytherin journal and a new monthly planner. ::chuckles:: And then at Michael’s, I picked up a big beefy sketchbook – but it was only $5, so I could not really turn it down.

Now I am setting my goal to actually USE the journals. Seeing as how I am going to make myself go to some of these various classes/rituals the various pagan groups/stores are hosting in the area, I figure the Slytherin journal would be awesome to take to the classes/rituals to take notes in. The big gray sketchbook? I have NO idea what I will use it for just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment