Sunday, June 18, 2017

Witchery Things

written: June 16th

Photo for today:

alt text

I do believe this is a baby basil plant. We had a huge basil plant last year in this particular pot (it’s part of an abundance spell my Husband does, with great success). We haven’t gotten around to doing the spell for this year, but when I went out to water the crape myrtle, I noticed this little guy in the pot. So I’m watering him as well, just in case he is a basil. ::smiles::

I had forgotten that the incense I purchase from Harvest Moon Haven needs to finish drying to ensure it actually burns fully. She puts so much oil in them, that it takes more than a minute to dry fully. I’m attempting to finish off the incense stick I had for my Esbat ritual (Queen of the Night…I thought it was the perfect selection for a Full Moon ritual). It burns in spurts and then will stop. Just means I get to enjoy it longer. But now I have the Dragon’s Blood Incense fanned out in a coffee mug to let it finish curing, and man, the aroma it gives off, even though it isn’t lit, is just awesome. My entire room smells of Dragon’s Blood and it’s one of my favorite incenses out there.

Heat Advisories are in place for today and tomorrow. The heat index is supposed to be up around 105 degrees or higher. So needless to say, Josey and I did not go for a walk today. Heat stroke isn’t any fun, and I’m sure the sidewalks are very hot for her paws. Besides, she’s a white dog, with very short fur, so sunburn is a very real possibility for her as well. ::shakes her head:: Yay for summers in Texas.

One of the local Pagan shops has updated its class/ritual meetings. I need to get in contact with Hazel and see if she’d be interested in attending any of them. There’s a “fast luck oil” class that I’m interested in…though it’s $20 for the class. But at the end, not only do I learn how to make it, but will have actually made some, so the $20 really is mostly to cover supply costs. The write up they did for the class states: “This oil is for attracting money, better business, good luck, love, and the better things of life, and to remove negativity and clear away obstacles.” I mean, who couldn’t use an oil like that in their lives? ::chuckles::

I also need to talk with Hazel and see what we are doing for Litha as well. I will be making a sun catcher again (I made one a few years ago and still have plenty of supplies). Litha is also the Sabbat that I generally clean, cleanse, and rededicate my Sekhmet statues/icons. Litha is all about celebrating the zenith power of the Sun, which is perfect for Sekhmet (a solar goddess). And now that I have some awesome Sekhmet anointing oil (created and blessed at the Sekhmet Temple in Nevada, none-the-less), I will certainly put that to good use during that ritual as well.

And THEN, the New Moon comes up. I plan to clean, cleanse, and consecrate the four iron railroad spikes that I will be using in my house warding spell/ritual. I’m actually going to do that every day between the New Moon up to the Full Moon, to really get the magick in there. Then the day after the Full Moon, I’ll put the spikes in their designated places. We’ll see if I can do that without arousing too much suspicion from the neighbors. ::chuckles::

I won’t be sharing my modifications to the Iron Spike Protection spell, but you can look at the original spell that WildeWildeWoman shared here. It’s a good basis for a standard home/property protection spell. I just always modify things to make it more ME. And the more you connect with the magick you are creating, the more powerful it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment