Friday, June 23, 2017

Blessed Litha

written: June 21st

Photo for the day:

alt text

I seriously love the wide array of flowers that are blooming in my neighborhood.

Blessed Litha, Summer Solstice. Everyone says it’s the “first day of summer”. Um, no. Especially not here in Texas. We’ve already had multiple days of 102+ degree weather. ::chuckles:: Litha is MID-summer. Summer is in full swing. The cicadas are deafening.

I’m electing to hold off my celebration of Litha until Friday. I’ll have the whole house and the whole day all to myself. ::chuckles:: It’ll give me time to finalize what all I want to do and get that ball rolling. And to be honest, I’ve kind of been hanging out in limbo waiting to hear from Hazel. I don’t know why I was waiting. It’s not like it would replace my own celebration. ::shrugs:: I’m just one of those who likes to have a game plan especially when it comes to interacting with other people. ::chuckles::

Hazel and her family are headed to the coast today, so she’ll be out of town through the weekend. So Litha and the New Moon are all mine. So Friday will be my Summer Solstice and then Saturday is the New Moon.

I need to finalize my plans for the railroad spikes protection spell. And then I need to figure out what I will do for each evening to strengthen that protection. I can also figure out where exactly each spike will be placed in the four corners of our property.

I am really wanting sunflowers for my Litha altar. Hopefully I can find some that look nice and aren’t too expensive. And I was thinking of cooking some fried honey cakes – I used to make those all the time for ritual with my first and second covens. But I haven’t really made it since. At the same time, I also kind of want madeleines. ::chuckles:: I would love to learn to make them at some point, but for now, the ones I get at the store are pretty damn tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment