Sunday, June 18, 2017

Saturday Ramblings

written: June 17th

Photo for today:

alt text

Yeah, so I did the thing! ::chuckles:: I think this is the first Mandala I’ve drawn since (scampers off to check the last Mandala sketchbook) January 23, 2013. Holy cow. It’s definitely been more than a minute since I’ve drawn a Mandala then. I just didn’t realize it had been THAT long. Wow. And to think, there for a good while, I was drawing a Mandala a DAY. I don’t think I’ll get back to the daily Mandala drawing, but I do want draw more of these.

My Feather Peddler from Germany has popped back up. He spends most of the year in Malaysia and thus is out of contact during that time. But whenever he returns to Germany, he always sends me a nice email inquiring if I’m wanting any feathers. ::laughs:: Like I will ever say no! The hard part is narrowing down which feathers I’m interested in. ::chuckles:: Honestly, I should make a list of birds I want and rank them in order. Then I would have a working list to pull from. And I definitely need to note which ones I’m not interested in, or have inquired about, but didn’t care for the feathers. Saves me from repeating myself. ::chuckles::

I am still plugging away at getting my 10 Year Journal updated. I’ve been keeping notes in the free planner the local teachers’ union gives to all the local schools. It certainly makes it a LOT easier to keep up with something for each day, and I am not worried about scratching things out in the planner. I’d rather make my goof-ups in the planner than in the 10 Year Journal. Thus far, I’m completely up-to-date in the planner, but have only gone through April transferring it over to the Journal. I’m in my 2nd year of doing this, and it’s kind of cool to see the little snippets of life from the previous year.

No comments:

Post a Comment