Saturday, June 3, 2017

Hibernation

written: June 2nd

Photo for today:

alt text

Tons and tons of rain today, so I am having to find ways to entertain Josey indoors. So yes, lots of boxes were destroyed over the course of the day. ::chuckles::

And holy slumber, Bat Man. I’ve taken two naps today, and combined with the sleep I got last night, I’ve slept over 12 hours today. I had so many things planned on accomplishing today, but instead, I slept so much. But damn, I feel WORLDS better. I desperately needed it.

I did at least finish up working in the Pen Pal journal and got it all packaged up and ready to mail out. Hopefully, I will get it mailed out tomorrow. I also need to get some postcards sent out for Postcrossing as well. A whole bunch arrived at their destinations over the past few days, but I just haven’t had the time to sit down and write a handful of postcards.

Yeah, that last week of school is just brutal. There’s all the awards and class parties and crap to deal with. And then we have OUR end of the year party for the staff and students. And then it’s the early release day (which means an EXTRA long, EXTRA insane day), which is when I have to gather up all the paperwork for the entire school year and get it sorted and what not to be dropped off at the afterschool main office once the last student leaves. Thankfully this year, the students left fairly early and I was completely done at 6:32 pm.

I was a bit disappointed that Gail didn’t say anything about my purple hair. ::chuckles:: But honestly, we seem to have finally found our groove and can be quite civil with each other now. Soooo I guess that means I need to stop looking for ways to poke her. ::chuckles:: It’s just really hard for me to let go of my first impressions, and my first impressions of her is of her threatening to fire me based on some lies that a KNOWN pot-stirred drummed up over me. I’m going to have a hard time letting that go. But baby steps, right? I can do this. ::deep breaths:: I have to at least for another year, possibly two.

No comments:

Post a Comment