Thursday, June 22, 2017

Slow Bloomer

written:  June 19th

Photo for the day:

alt text

Hurray! Our crape myrtle is gearing up to bloom. I cannot wait for those rocket red blossoms. Just gorgeous, especially against that natural, deep dark green, almost black foliage. David picked out a very good crape myrtle for Holly’s memory.

This little crape myrtle has been a slow bloomer this year. She was late leafing out…to the point that my husband was worried it didn’t survive the winter. And now, all the other crape myrtles are fully blooming right now…their branches bending under the weight of such blossoms. And ours is just beginning to show signs that she’ll bloom.

And of course, the day I’m wanting no one to pay attention to me, for everyone to just leave me alone….a new guy at work made it a point to come over and say hello to me. ::laughs:: He then hastily said hello to one of the guys I work with, trying to make it look like he didn’t go wayyyy out of his way to say hello to just me. ::chuckles and shakes her head::

No comments:

Post a Comment