Saturday, June 10, 2017

Esbat with Hazel

written: June 9th

Photo of the day:

alt text

The two ingredients required for a damn tasty fruit dip. I made it for tonight’s Full Moon ritual with Hazel. We figured out that different fruits bring out different flavors – like Strawberries bring out more of the cream cheese flavor and the Apples bring out more of the marshmallow fluff. Delicious. So this full moon is known as the Full Strawberry Moon – which is why I picked up the strawberries. I was originally thinking grapes. But damn, the strawberries were awesome.

I’ve touched based with a few friends with similar mental health issues. I was inquiring about “tactile hallucinations”. And it scared the crap out of me when I was typing “tactile hallucinations” and Google filled in “bipolar” all on its own. Always fun. Thankfully, I have a very good friend, who has been through all of this and could walk me through my fears and I can come up with game plan.
For now, I am going to eliminate the supernatural possibilities – i.e., Fae or Spirit mischief. I haven’t properly warded and sealed my home from such things. I’ve smudged down with Sage (to banish negativity) and with Sweetgrass (to call in the positive), but I haven’t sealed the house from spirit/fae intrusion. Honestly, I haven’t felt the need to. But damn, I do now. So on Sunday, while David is at work, I’m smudging down the house with Sage, the Sweetgrass, and then sealing the house with war water (deep protection and anti-Fae). I am also looking into getting some railroad spikes to ward the four corners of our property.

I headed over to Hazel’s house around 6 pm. Man I have missed that lady! We shot the shit for a while, tested out my fruit dip (it passed with FLYING colors) and then got down to business. It was nice to bring our two flavors/approaches to witchcraft together and blend them. It seemed where my practice is lacking, hers is strong…and vice versa. I need to work on meditation and grounding and centering for sure. And I was able to teach her the use of rattles to raise energy – granted they were her kid’s rattles, but damn, they go the job DONE. So now we’re looking into getting dedicated ritual rattles. And this is reminding me that I need to start practicing with my drums (the Horse hide one from Brandy, and the Elk hide one I made myself).

I had a vision/dream last night of Hazel and I in robes. Hers was this pale fawn brown and looked so incredibly soft. Mine was smoky gray. I’m thinking of contacting Jen K. (the lady that made my red flame ritual robe) and seeing what she would charge to make us each our own robe. I figure if we purchase the cloth ourselves, it will not only allow us to find the perfect fabric that calls to us, make it easier on Jen (so she doesn’t have to try to find the fabric we want), and will hopefully make the cost a bit easier on us both. I brought up the subject with Hazel and she was excited, as this morning, in her meditation with Bast, Bast told her she needed cloths set aside for ritual. I love it when stuff like this syncs up.

All in all, it was a great, powerful, magickal night. Exactly what we both needed. And we kicked it up a notch as well, and I could certainly feel the difference. Hopefully, next time, her child and husband won’t bust in, in the middle of ritual. That kind of popped the ritual bubble for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment