Saturday, June 24, 2017

Litha

Blessed Litha!

Technically Litha (the Summer Solstice) occurred on Wednesday, but I celebrated today. Today, I have the day off of work (I ADORE the three-day weekends the Summer Tech job gives me) and David had to work, so I had the house all to myself as well.

I finally got my sunflowers. I wanted them last year, but the selection was crappy. I ended up going with these awesome red and orange roses instead. But I got them today, and I LOVE them. This will definitely become my Litha tradition.

So Litha is the Summer Solstice, Mid Summer, the longest day of the year, and it celebrates the strength of the sun. With all of that, it’s the perfect day to celebrate and reaffirm my bond to Sekhmet, the lion-headed sun goddess of ancient Egypt. And I figured this would be the perfect time to clean, cleanse, and rededicate the various icons I have of Sekhmet.

And I have to say, holy hell. I am IMPRESSED with how this altar turned out. It’s one of my best, in my not-so-humble opinion! ::laughs::

alt text

I mean, look at it! Stunning, no?

alt text

So three Sekhmet statues and the Sekhmet painting by Kimberly.
A shit ton of garnets. Seriously, I knew I had a lot, but didn’t realize I had THIS much. ::laughs::
A red tealight for each statue and painting.
The orange candle with the sun charm on it is the Solstice Sun candle I purchased last year from The Briarwood. And it STILL smells amazing.
The bottle of scented oil is the Sekhmet Anointing Oil that was created and blessed at the Sekhmet Temple in Nevada. I seriously want to go back there soon.
All sorts of garnet necklaces, from single strands that are wrapped around the base of each statue, to two woven collar-like necklaces.
Incense is “Kyphi” incense I picked up at the Hearth Wisdom store a while back. Kyphi is an ancient Egyptian incense. But this is not my typical caliber of incense, so it didn’t have the aroma throw that I’m used to. But at least, the incense only cost me a dollar. ::chuckles:: Well, you get what you pay for. So I’ll stick with the more expensive, higher-quality incense.

I elected to wear my red and gold flame robe. I just love it. And I wore one of the garnet collar necklaces as well, instead of my Little Sorceress crystal pendant I purchased from Luna Blue Boutique. I had that pendant on my altar, to soak up the ritual energy all the same.

And damn, I felt POWERFUL. I anointed my forehead with the Sekhmet oil as well, and reaffirmed my dedication to my Path and to Sekhmet.
alt text

It was nice to just sit in Circle and talk to Sekhmet.

Post-ritual selfie:

alt text

After that, I closed the Circle. I left the red tealights and incense burning, as my offerings to Her. All in all, a truly lovely ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment