Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Elements

written: October 2nd

The Inner Witch October Photo Challenge prompt for today is “The Elements”:

20171002_110431

I am taking a bit more creative license with the interpretation of “The Elements” with this photo. Here we have picture the elements that make this lil Wolf Witch happy. ::laughs:: And, let’s see. The gemstones are the element Earth. The oil is obviously Water, but its scent would be the element Air. And the silver charms, while initially Earth, had to be worked with Fire to shape them. So technically, all four Elements are present. ::smiles::

I traded away “Samhain” (perfume oil by Sage Goddess) to a lovely lady in Las Vegas for her bottle of “Enlightenment”. I was taking a huge risk because I had zero idea what “Enlightenment” smelled like, but I figured if nothing else, if it didn’t work out for me, I could always trade it for something else. ::chuckles:: But holy crap, it smells amazing. A very sharp, crisp floral-ish aroma. I really like it.

Gail (my supervisor) swung by today to drop off our complimentary Fair tickets. She helped me sort out another issue with ProCare. I am seriously starting to hate that damn software. When it’s good, it’s GREAT. But when it shits the bed….it is HORRIBLE. And it doesn’t just shit the bed once. Oh no. It CONTINUES shitting said bed.

But the main kicker? She told me my new aide is supposed to start tomorrow. Seems I’m still getting the former crossing guard! You could have knocked me over with a feather. I’m still not 100% believing it…given my supervisor’s track record with retracting promises (and out right lying)…but I’m hopeful. How awesome would it be to an extra aide?

Like my husband said when I told him – if it turns out to be true, I’m sure as shit buying a lottery ticket! ::laughs::

So apparently the news is out now about my Aunt Kathy’s passing. A number of her friends have posted on her Facebook page, expressing their last thoughts to her. I find it interesting that this is the new form of mourning and that most of the time, the deceased individual’s Facebook page is left up. Kind of like a digital shrine. And that thought comforts me. It is the same as going to the deceased individual’s burial place and talking to them, but now distance doesn’t bar you from talking to that person. I know a lot of people will bitch and moan that this will destroy “traditional” ways of grieving…that it proves how much the digital world dominates our “society”. That somehow this lessen the impact. I dunno. I think too many people wring their hands over stuff that doesn’t fucking matter. People will grieve in whatever manner they need.

I neglected to mention that Betsy (a dear journaling buddy) has also started a challenge for this month that I’ve also signed up for. ::laughs:: I swear, Octobers are always my craziest month! Her challenge is 31 days of Self-Care. I’m committing to drinking more water, less coffee, and doing more physical exercise. Josey and I took a different walking route for the first half of our walk. And even though we had another small dog out loose and behaving like it was going to eat us (soooo over this lil man syndrome dogs), it was good. We didn’t get to complete the loop like I wanted, but we did get quite a bit of walking done. And at least Josey wasn’t terrified the entire like (like the last time we attempted the new walking loop). Maybe if I switch to walking her before work (once it cools off), we can actually complete the full loop. Almost makes me wish I was still wearing my FitBit, to see how the distance for this loop compares to the distance of our normal loop. Hell, if I was feeling particularly squirrely and it was so damn hot, I would do both loops with Josey.

No comments:

Post a Comment