Thursday, October 5, 2017

Acorns & Aides

written: October 4th

Photo for the day:

20171004_190515

Acorns. I have been walking past this tree for months and every time, I think to myself I should take a photo of the acorns. So I figured today would be a good day to actually accomplish that. ::chuckles::

But that also means, I am TWO days behind on the Inner Witch October Photo challenge. Gotta get some candle photos and some Tarot/Oracle photos to catch up.
Tomorrow is Full Moon and I have plans to hang out for a bit with Hazel at Starbucks. It will be nice to hang out, talk witchcraft, and just enjoy the full moon together. My energy has been all over the place, up one second, down another, so I have no idea what exactly I will be doing for the full moon – ritual/magickal wise.

On the job front, my newest aide, Sarah, started today – woohoo. BUT Jesse got transferred off my campus – boo! I just hate the way the bosses do that…tell us the DAY they transfer the person off. If the reason they are being transferred off one campus isn’t a major problem, then I really wish they would let them know the day before. That way they can tell the students themselves that they are going to another campus and let the kids say good bye to the aide. Instead, I got to explain to the students that Jesse had been transferred and won’t be back. :sighs:: But at least Alexia (my other high school aide) is good friends with him, so she was able to take some of the cards the students had made for Jesse.

Sarah, she is older, but she knows her shit. She is asking all the right questions, and absorbing all the information she possibly can. So I am thinking of grooming her to be a second in command now (and eventually to be a site supervisor like me). Sarah is coming in a bit earlier tomorrow so she can get the required training on EpiPen use – all members of my campus have to be trained as we have an EpiPen for one of our students this year. Thankfully it is just an allergy against fire ants, and that student is very vigilant against all bugs because of this – so hopefully, we will not have to jab her anytime soon. And since that training takes less than 2 minutes, we can then cover any other topics that need to be covered. We addressed quite a bit today. I usually do not toss all the information at them on day one, but Sarah was absorbing it left and right and asking for more information. Color me impressed. Now the real trick will be to see how much she retains. ::chuckles:: I figure if I touch on those topics once a week with the entire group, it will keep everyone on the same page. I really need to sit down and create a training “manual” like I discussed in yesterday’s entry…or at least, a list of topics to touch on throughout the year. Yeah, like when the fuck will I find the time to do that? ::laughs:: I’ll do in that mythological “Some Day”.

No comments:

Post a Comment