Saturday, October 28, 2017

Possible New Direction

written: October 26th

20171026_155817 

A tall tower built out of Jenga blocks by one of my students. I think I can count on one hand how many times we’ve actually played Jenga in the past year. But these are the MOST popular item on our game cart – because they love building with them.

I stayed at work after everyone left (like I typically do). I got the annual bats copied onto cardstock along with some jack-o-lantern coloring sheets. Jess does a coloring contest with the students, so I thought it would be nice to put those coloring sheets onto cardstock – to make it a bit more “official”. ::smiles::

I brought up the cereal boxes I have and luckily so did Jess. That’s what we’ll trace the fish and starfish onto for the kids to paint tomorrow. Those will then be hung up for our “Save the Oceans: Day of Play”. Originally, I was planning to use bubble wrap to paint the starfish with and lids to make dots/circles on the fish, to up the whole “recycled items” aspect of our “Save The Oceans” thing…but after hearing from Tatiana what the other campuses are doing, I said a hearty “fuck that noise”. The kids will be happy with just painting – as I rarely let them do that. 90% of the time, I just do NOT have the energy/patience to police the painting area. And that sucks, because they really do make some awesome things, if I just would put in a little extra time and effort with them.

And I need to remember, that it doesn’t have to all fall on my shoulders. I need to start tasking my aides with some of these tasks as well. I need to start training Sarah. I think my campus is as calm as it is ever going to be, so I need to just suck it up and start putting in the effort to train her on how to be a campus leader.

The Boss Lady, Kelly, sent an email out today saying that they were opening up a 4th Zone Leader Position – what Gail is. I got curious and wanted to see what exactly are their job duties and how much they are getting paid. Holy shit, starting salary for that position is $50k. That’s more than DOUBLE what I’m making, and I’m REALLY highly paid for my position. And it’s a year-round job, so I wouldn’t have to take such a pay cut for the summers.

So while I originally thought I would want NO part of the Zone Leader job…now I’m having second thoughts. I mentioned it to Jess and she says I should totally apply. And I talked to David about it briefly and he also thinks it’s a worthwhile idea. So I’m going to work on my resume this weekend and figure out how to write a cover letter (never had to do that before) and I’m going to toss my application into the ring. If nothing else, I’d be willing to do it for 2 years to get my butt out of debt and then I could move on. ::chuckles::

Just realized it’s a Thursday. I’ll write my list of Thankfuls later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment