Friday, October 13, 2017

Thankful Thursday #41

written: October 12th

Photo for today:

20171012_122047 

I received this AMAZING postcard from Russia today through Postcrossing. I just love it. A dark-hair beauty cuddling with a polar bear – I see me in this postcard. ::smiles::

I am thankful…
1. That my husband still has his job – his company fired 11 individuals today. His supervisor called him to let him know the changes that would be occurring to his team because of today (one team mate was fired and another was transferred to another department).
2. That I got a 93 on my Midterm for the Archives and Manuscripts class. Woohoo! I received excellent feedback so I know how to up my game going into the next assignments so hopefully I can bring my overall grade for the class (88) up to an A.
3. That as of Monday, I have been cancer free for 9 years now. Even though the LEEP procedure did not go according to plan and I ended up having the pre-cancerous/cancerous lesion burned off my cervix while I could still feel EVERYTHING – it did get the lesion and I’ve been cancer free ever since. So it’s a success in my book. But yeah, if we had to do it again, my gyno said she’d admit me into the hospital and have me put under for that procedure. ::laughs:: But thankfully it hasn’t gotten to that point.
4. Drastically cooler weather for a few days – down into the low 70s. It was AMAZING. We’re back up to the high 80s once again, but autumn will eventually arrive.
5. The journal I’m using for my current BaBuJo (Bastardize Bullet Journal). Even though the color scheme is something I would NEVER pick (gold and cream), I do LOVE the journal itself. I’m hoping it lasts longer than the composition notebooks.
6. Working on my list of goals that I’ll implement for next year – instead of resolutions, I make goals on my birthday to be completely (hopefully) by my next birthday. It’s more meaningful to me and I am more likely to stick with them as opposed to resolutions.
7. That while I’m not 100% pleased with how my life has turned out, it’s pretty damn good on all fronts. And what I’m not happy with, I am making active strives towards rectifying.
8. Finally feeling like I have a good crew at work. Now that I’ve got awesome aides in the rough, I can begin polishing them and thus making my campus even more amazing.
9. The challenge Sekhmet laid down for me – to be more mindful of PICKING which “battles” to engage in and which ones to walk away from. She’s reminding me that I do not have to engaged in every single battle I come across.
10. Purchased four new tires for my car. Sucks having to drop money like that, but it was something my car was desperately needing and I had the money to do it without dipping into savings. Yay me for adulting well at the moment. ::laughs::

No comments:

Post a Comment