Monday, October 9, 2017

Samhain Thoughts

written:  October 7th

Photo for today:
 
20171007_143503

My two sleepy loves.

I have knocked out one of the three essays I have for my Midterm for Archives and Manuscripts class. I have read all the articles I’m going to read. ::chuckles:: Now it is just a matter of writing the essays. Hopefully I can knock out the other two essays tomorrow. Then I plan to polish them on Monday and submit by midnight. And then I am done with the Midterm. Honestly, I am ready for this semester to over and done with already. I need to start looking into what I will take next semester. Honestly, I wish I could take a semester off. I’m exhausted. Though, maybe I just need a break. Hopefully Winter Break will be enough of a break for me.

I was supposed to babysit tomorrow, but thankfully the Robinsons’ ended up cancelling. While I certainly wouldn’t say no to the extra cash, I wasn’t looking forward to spending a couple of hours with their son. ::chuckles:: He is very high energy, and I am very low energy at the moment.

Instead, I get to chauffeur my husband around to drop off his guitars with someone to do some repair work tomorrow. ::chuckles:: But we may end up swinging by one of the local Pagan stores. Not that I have much cash to spend, but sometimes, it is just nice to window shop in a Pagan store. ::smiles:: Besides, it will give me an opportunity to catch up on my “Inner Witch October Photo Challenge” and get some interesting photographs.

And at some point, I need to take my car back to Firestone, as it is sounding funny ever since they did the oil change. AND I need to look into getting new tires – NOT from Firestone. I will be getting my car inspected later on this month, and I know it won’t pass inspection with its current tires.

I should also make it a point to pick up some flowers on my trip home to place on family headstones. There seem to be quite a few this year that have been added to our family plot. This has been quite a lethal year. Which also reminds me, I need to print out photos and prepare for Samhain. I have a feeling this is going to a heavy Sabbat. More so than it has been in previous years. I figure I will grab some cheap glass jars to make memorial candles for those who have passed on this year. I should get a list going of names so I know how many jars I will require. Hell, I will probably have to move from my altar and take over the art territory table and use it to house all candles.

I once read about how a coven kept their own “Book of the Dead”….a list of people who have passed on. And I’m thinking that at this point, a book like that would be beneficial. It certainly would make Samhain a bit easier to prepare for.

No comments:

Post a Comment