Saturday, October 7, 2017

Thankful Thrusday #40

written: October 5th

Photo for today:

20171005_220336

Just a lil Full Moon fun here – takes care of the Inner Witch October Photo Challenge #15 (Full Moon). Two vials of the Red Fast Luck Oil, some bath salts, and some other oils I am sending to two friends.

I need to print the Challenge out and put it in my BaBuJo (Bastardized Bullet Journal) so I can cross off the various ones I do, as I’m not following in order – because it was written for last year, and the moons are different this year around.

I am thankful…
1. Good, long walks with Josey daily. And the fact that we’ve been sprinting back to the house on the very last leg of each of the walks. ::chuckles::
2. My newest aide – Sarah – is FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! Like, holy shit. She’s a fucking godsend. Especially compared to the bulk of the aides I’ve received over the past two years.
3. Mood is definitely improving. I’m having fun at work once again. I’m upbeat. It’s really a wonderful feeling to be honest.
4. I have almost all of my students photographed for our upcoming art project at work. Out of 66 students, I’m just missing the kids that have been out with the flu. Hopefully they will be back next week, so I can get all the pictures taken and sent to my boss to print out in color.
5. We have a FOUR DAY WEEKEND coming up. For whatever reason we get two days off for “Columbus Day”. I don’t like Columbus Day (for obvious reasons), but I will enjoy the nice long weekend.
6. Nice, quiet, VERY low key full moon celebration. Mostly, it was just a time for me to pause, enjoy some quiet time, and just be in the moment.
7. Focusing less on the bullshit negative crap and looking instead for positive situations.
8. The new journal I’m using for my BaBuJo. It’s gold and cream – which is SO unlike me. But I wanted something beefier than a composition notebook, and this journal is working out quite nicely.
9. Steady improvements in the walks with Josey. She’s getting worlds better at me telling her no in regards to sniffing something. Now to just get her to the point of doing the same with people! Ha!
10. Getting the itch to start preparing for my Tabula Rasa ritual. Granted, I won’t be doing the actual ritual until sometime in December, but there’s a lot of leg work that goes into it – like the year review and whatnot. It’s the only ritual that I have consistently performed since I read the article about it in Sage Woman #66 (printed in the Winter of 2005). All my other rituals are very hit and miss…but this one. I have performed this one in some fashion since 2005, and I look forward to it each year.

Yeah, so good stuffs all around. A fairly easy list of Thankfuls to write. Which is nice. Because sometimes, man, I swear it’s like pulling fucking TEETH to come up with 10 things to be grateful for and write them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment