Friday, October 20, 2017

Thankful Thursday #42

written:  October 19th

Photo for today:

20171019_222706 

Coils of Lil Beast – freshly shed, and in a slightly better mood. ::chuckles:: She’ll be in an even better mood once she gets fed. It will be nice to have a happy Lil Beast once again.

I am thankful…
1. That Sam G. stopped by today. I had him in my after school program as a Kindergartner and now he’s a freshman in high school. It was really cool to just have him hang out for a while and talk. Really reminds me how awesome my job really is. And apparently I do a good enough job at it. My students come back to visit quite regularly.
2. For having Roadside Assistance as a part of my phone package. I accidentally locked my keys in my car. But with Roadside Assistance, I just had to wait 45 minutes from the time I realized what I had done until the guy showed up to get me back into my car – and it didn’t cost me a dime out of pocket.
3. That I had just printed out all the articles that are required for this week’s assignment in my Archives class, so I was able to read that while I waited for the Roadside Assistance guy to show up and get me in my car.
4. Just 7 weeks of course work left in this semester.
5. I am SO DEEPLY grateful that I dropped the Public Library class. I seriously would have cracked with that extra pressure. Hell, I’m not 100% sure I’m going to finish this semester fully intact. Hell, I should just go ahead and plan to go off the grid the day after I turn in the final for my Archives class.
6. Going to my hometown this weekend to see my Mom. Hopefully we can squeeze in a trip to the Abilene Zoo and I can get some face time with a truly gorgeous green mamba there. ::chuckles::
7. Leviathan is freshly shed and happily lounging on the warm side of her tank. She’ll get fed this weekend and all will be right with the world once more….at least in her lil sphere of it.
8. That my friends always bring all their animal related questions and ID concerns to me…and that this goes double for questions revolving around snakes. Makes my lil weird heart so happy. It’s nice to be of invaluable service to my friends. AND I’m happy that most of the time they ask me about a snake instead of outright killing it. I’ve managed to save a NUMBER of nonvenomous/nondangerous serpent lives this way over the years.
9. That both of the decks I chose to back on Kickstarter had made their goal funding and WILL go to production soon. Yay!
10. The cooler weather is slowly making an appearance. I’m so ready for autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment