Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Sense of Accomplishment

written: October 23rd

Photo for today:

20171023_131918 

Oh blessed and wondrous Sun Spot has returned for the basking pleasure of Miss Josey. ::laughs:: I swear she is a reptile with how much she ADORES basking in the sun. We need a bay window for her, so she can be fully in the sunlight. As it is now, she will just get some incredibly interesting tan lines. ::chuckles and winks::

Today begins my husband’s new work schedule. No major changes…it just shifted to an hour earlier. So now he has to be at work by 10 am but is off of work at 7 pm (instead of his 11 to 8 schedule). This is also “making” me get up earlier, as I enjoy spending a quiet morning with him AND Josey can’t be left unsupervised or she’ll eat the damn house – literally. ::chuckles::

I finally got around to coming up with the names of my Beloved Dead to write on my candle. I am choosing to only put people that I have known and that their passing impacted me. I know that sounds kind of harsh, but there are family members that were distant cousins or aunts and uncles that I only saw a handful of times in my life, so I do not miss them. And I elected to include friends who have passed as well. Still debating on including pet names. Maybe a different candle for them? Because I really feel like Holly (Old Lady Dog) still needs to be honored – this is the second Samhain since her passing. I think I will get another candle for pets – not sure what decoration I would put on the candle though. Maybe just write Holly’s name on a votive candle?

I finally got Andrea’s package dropped in the mail today. I’m trading Sage Goddess’s “Sanguis Mist” (I got it for free) to Andrea for her bottle of “Ask”. I tossed in a few little trinkets and samples as well. Sanguis Mist was just too strong and heavy at the beginning – you could REALLY smell the Vetivert. After a half hour, that would mellow out and you would smell more of the Dragon’s Blood, which I adore. I just couldn’t stomach the heavy Vetivert. And given that I got it as a “free gift” with purchase, I am more than happy to trade it away to someone WANTING Sanguis Mist.

I’ve been busy updating my lil Electronic Grimoire with Sage Goddess’s write ups of the various perfume oils I currently have. I also need to add in the Obituaries of the Beloved Dead that I have found thus far. I plan to make a binder for just the Beloved Dead – have their names, obituaries, notes, photos (if possible), etc. that can be used at Samhain to honor those who have passed on. Gone, but definitely not forgotten. Plus, hunting for those obituaries allowed me to fill in some details on various family members that I have in the Massive Family Tree of Doom, so that’s always a plus! ::laughs::



No comments:

Post a Comment