Monday, October 9, 2017

Sun & Ramblings

written:  October 8th

Photo for today:

20171008_201417

Photo of my Sekhmet portrait by Kimberly – this takes care of “Inner Witch Photography Challenge” #5 – the Sun.

Due to being trapped in the car for 30 minutes while David discussed guitar things with Chris (guitar craftsman/repair man), I’ve already begun working on my new list of goals for my birthday. I’ve got 15 thus far – just 22 more to go. ::chuckles:: I LOVE making goals. I just wish I was better at accomplishing them. ::laughs::

I finished the rough drafts for my three midterm essays. Now I’m kicking back and relaxing. Tomorrow, I’ll reread them and polish them and then turn ‘em in! I’m ready for this semester to be over. I feel like I’m running completely on empty right now. If I had the ability, I would take the next semester completely off. Alas, that’s a no go. ::chuckles:: Gotta get that degree so I can get a better paying job. Then I can resume my yearly pilgrimages to Wolf Park and spend a weekend among their wolves. ::smiles:: And one of these days, I will finally make it up to Churchill, Manitoba to spend a week among the polar bears. Funny, the reason I am seeking a better paying job is so I can spend more time in nature. ::smiles:: Whatever it takes.

Which reminds me, I need to start actively looking into getting my library hours logged soon. As much as I would love to land an internship at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of the American Indian, it just isn’t feasible for me to take 10 weeks off for that internship. Even though it’s a paid internship, my bills just don’t allow me the ability to stay in Washington, D.C. for 10 weeks. So I really need to lock in a volunteer or intern position and start clock in the required hours I need for my degree. Not sure where I’m supposed to find the time to do that, plus my classwork, PLUS my after school job. ::shakes her head:: I’m about ready to be committed to the funny farm. Can I please take a week in the padded room? That honestly sounds like heaven right now to me. ::laughs::

Even though there are still three months left in the year, my mind is already whirling with all the things I need to get done before the year ends. I need to compile my Tabula Rasa notes (the big events of the past year, both good and bad) and figure out what my Word Of Power will be for next year, along with the Totem(s). So much to do! But, I’ve got to make it through the end of the semester first. After that, I will have the free time and ability to write all the notes my lil heart desires.

And before that, I’ve got to at least make it through the end of this month. At work, we’re supposed to be doing a big art project with the students revolving around “Save Our Oceans”. I’ve got a handful of small art projects to do with the students. I just hope it’s enough to keep me out of “trouble”. ::laughs:: I don’t do directions too well. Especially if I see little reason for it. ::chuckles:: Maybe I can get Sarah to start tackling that stuff? She’s wanting to do more with the students, so I’ll get her set up with that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment