Friday, October 20, 2017

A Whole Lotta Numbers

written: October 18th

Photo for today:

20171018_113654 

My skull decal arrived today – the one I’ll use for my Samhain candle. I won’t be using the crossed bones at the bottom. I just need the skull. Now I just need to pick up the white 7-day candle I plan to put this skull decal on. And I need to gather the names of my Beloved Dead to write on the candle. Crap. I really need to get a move on that. Halloween/Samhain is 13 days away. Which sounds like plenty of time…but holy hell. Time has been disappearing on me left and right.

I took Josey on a MUCH needed walk. We didn’t walk Monday or Tuesday for a variety of reasons. But damn, did we BOTH need the walk today. Soon I’ll need to switch over to walking her before my after school program, as it’s getting dark earlier and earlier now. Hurray for Autumn! I never really synced up with the seasons like this until now. But in the house, I can tell that the sun’s position moves throughout the year. I can track it. And I really like that. It takes me deeper into the natural rhythms that we Pagans are supposed to be all about. ::chuckles::

I am still working on my list of new goals for my 36th year. That birthday is coming up in 23 days. And again, sounds like plenty of time when you are just looking at numbers on a page, but given how I blink and days have disappeared? I have a feeling this birthday is going to completely bum rush me out of left field and drag me into a dark alley before beating me over the head. ::laughs::

Hell, while we are counting down here, how about days that TRULY matter.
Just 33 days until Thanksgiving Break. A entire WEEK of no students and no course work. Can’t wait.
And just 54 days until this course semester is over…and then just 8 days after that, we are out for Winter Break. Not like I’m counting down or anything. ::chuckles:: Ten COMPLETE days off of work. Gods, what bliss.

I do need to talk with my University and get the specifications on my required “Practicum”. I have to work with a degreed Librarian for a certain amount of time. I am HOPING that I can volunteer in the school library at the elementary school I run my after school program through. That would be AMAZING. And it sure as shit would be easier on me than driving to some library to work in the mornings, to then drive to the elementary school to run the after school program. Though, honestly, I should probably make it a point to try to do my practicum at a library that I would want to work at, to help me my foot in the door for a possible job in the future. ::sighs:: I’m just so very, very tired right now that I can’t really comprehend doing MORE. Which that final semester is going to require from me. I just can’t look that far in the future at the moment. I’ve gotta keep my eye on the end of this semester. Honestly, that’s as far as I can look into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment