Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Decks

Photo for today:

20171017_183113 

Doing my part to support the local PTA AND get me some In-N-Out Burgers. ::chuckles:: Good burgers for my husband and I, drinks, and chips for $10. And it goes to a good cause. Last year David had to work, so his burger was cold by the time he got home. But this year, I think it made for a great last hurrah for his vacation time.

Today was insane. The PTA thing was going on in the cafeteria (our home base). AND then Science Club was doing something in the gym. So we were squirrelled away in the library for the last hour or so of work. Which was fine by me. All the kids and staff in the library and I was hanging out SOLO by the door to greet our parents. Woohoo! AND we are now switching all the people over to fingerprint ID instead of the PIN and Passcode we were doing previously. Thus far, it’s gone rather smoothly. I just wish the parents wouldn’t show up in bunchies. Like, space that shit out guys! ::laughs:: But I got the bulk of those done today. Now it’s just catching the various stragglers from here on out. It is such a quicker system – they come in, click start, put the finger on the finger pad, click their child, and then click DONE. And that’s it. Woohoo! Wish we had done this in the very beginning so we didn’t have to mess with the headache that was the PIN and Passcodes. ::shakes her head:: But at least we have it NOW.

In other news, Leviathan shed. And being the lil grouch that she is, she CRAPPED on the shed skin. ::shakes her head:: Normally, I measure the shed and then laminate it…NOT THIS ONE. You win, Lil Beast, you win. I have almost every single one of her sheds since I got her back in 2007. She was such a tiny Lil Beast – about 9 inches long and almost as thick as a pencil. Now? Now she’s measuring in around 5 feet 2 inches long and is thicker than a broom stick. I really should do some more work in her scrapbook. Or at least put together a photo book of her. Which I also plan to do one of all the Holly photos at some point. AND one for the road trip a few years back when we drove to Delaware to visit David’s parents. I just do not have any free time, or free mental energy to accomplish these things right now.

So both of the tarot/oracle decks I am back on Kickstarter currently have made their goal financing, so I will have two new decks to play with in the near future. The first deck I am back is the Last Unicorn Tarot – based off the of movie (all time childhood favorite; along with ALL the Godzilla movies). This one hit every single stretch goal mark, so not only am I getting a beautiful Tarot Deck with fully foiled cards, a fancy leather-bound guide book, an ornate box for holding the cards, but also an extra card that is SIGNED by Peter S. Beagle – the author of The Last Unicorn. Woot woot!

The other deck is the Jade Oracle Deck: Deities and Symbols Of Ancient Mexico. The artwork really caught my eye and there isn’t another deck out there like it, so I figured why not? I wasn’t even sure this deck would hit its goal funding, but I was happy when it did yesterday. I’m in for the deck of 52 Oracle cards, a guide booklet, handmade bag, 5-pack greeting cards with artwork from the deck on them, and one sticker of the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment