Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Ideas Spilling Over

written:  October 9th

Photo of the day:

20171009_235423 

A page from my BaBuJo (Bastardized Bullet Journal) of an idea I had for a more permanent memorial candle for use during Samhain. I wasn’t looking forward to buying a shit ton of jars to make individual memorial candles for each of the Beloved Dead.

As I was walking Josey (the pup), the thought came to me, to utilize a white 7-day candle. I would put a black skull (sticker or vinyl decal) in the center of the candle. And then I would write the names and dates of all the Beloved Dead I have around the candle itself on the glass. I can add names as needed throughout the year(s) to come. And once I finally burn the candle completely out, I will be “forced” to finally try my hand at making my own candles. I could refill this jar and use it for a very, very long time.

I do still want to make my own “Book of the Dead”. I would dedicate a page to each Beloved Dead. Add in a photo or two of them and standard genealogy information. But I would also write my favorite memories of that person – snippets of their life that I know of or was a part of.

And while scrolling through eBay and etsy to locate the right skull to use, I’ve come across a TON of other awesome decals. Now I want to make candles for the Serpent, Full Moon, New Moon, Sekhmet, generic Goddess, etc. I also came across an article about how to print your own labels for use on the 7-day Candles. I’ve saved it to be printed and added to my Almanac at some point. Maybe one of these days I can get my own printer and thus create my own labels for these awesome candles. Until then, I’ll just have to use decals and stickers.

Ooooh, I’ll need to make one of these candles for the Harpies. They’ve been twittering about having their own altar space for a while now. I have a black wall shelf that I had above my altar when we were living in the apartment, that they’ve hinted at wanting for themselves. The main reason I haven’t hung any artwork (still) is that the main wall of my room is just big enough for me to hang my massive family tree. ::chuckles:: And any artwork that I would hang, I would put on that wall…but then I couldn’t put up the family tree…sooooo….yeah.

Whenever we get a different house (years from now), maybe I can dedicate an entire room to just family tree stuff. I could have an entire blank wall just for the family tree. I could have shelves to hold the binders of family documents I dream of amassing. It would be EPIC. ::laughs:: I’m just not sure what would happen to the collection upon my death. Surely some member of the family would want the information? If not, I guess it could go to a local historical society?

No comments:

Post a Comment